• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vtech innotab 3s ~ thoughts? PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

I was thinking for my sons 4th bi8rthday of getting him the innotab to help him with learning writing, numbers etc. I'm mainly looking for something educational but too expensive. if have better ideas or recommendations that be awesome!!!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:24 PM
I love the vtech ideas but not the product . Everything I have ever got that was vtech broke. If it were me I would go with Leapfrog products

Good luck.
bc19
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Gonna sit in this thread, I am looking to get my soon to be 6 year old the innotab 3 for his birthday in a few weeks. 

His friend has one, and he was just zooming around on it, and they had the biggest blast playing on it for an hour or so last time he was here. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Honestly, I would get a tablet. They out grow those kiddie devises too quickly for how expensive they are. A tablet is more versitile and should last longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
court_1989
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:40 PM
What tablet do you recommend?

Quoting steelcrazy: Honestly, I would get a tablet. They out grow those kiddie devises too quickly for how expensive they are. A tablet is more versitile and should last longer.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Any, they are easy to find and cheaply priced.

Quoting court_1989: What tablet do you recommend?
Quoting steelcrazy: Honestly, I would get a tablet. They out grow those kiddie devises too quickly for how expensive they are. A tablet is more versitile and should last longer.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM

If you are considering a regular tablet, I love my Nook HD tablet. It's easy to use, and you get access to the full Google Play (Android) store. 

soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I got my youngest the innotab 2 a year ago and he loved it!

family in the van   Mom of four

-PB
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM

My dd is 4 and I got her an innotab 2 on her 3rd birthday.  She got bored with it really quick.  I would get a regular tablet because I think they are actually built stronger and he won't grow out of it.   If he gets bored, just get some new apps.  There are so many apps that are educational and free too where as with an innotab you have to kept buying new games which are usually like $10-30.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:09 AM

I'd get a regular tablet too.  My 6 year old has a nabi 2 and we love that thing!  My almost 4 year old will get one once we feel she is old enough.  We don't use a lot of electronics in this house :)

jiffypop2207
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:22 AM
This, in the end the ipad mini was way cheaper than the leappad, tons of educational FREE apps as opposed to $10-20/piece for the kids tablets and they will be able to use it longer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)