• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

137 days until kindergarten!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ds had kindergarten roundup Tuesday evening - he was pretty excited to go! This morning he asked me when he gets to go to kindergarten. I said August 18. He asked how long that is, I said 4 1/2 months. He asked how long 4 1/2 months is, so I made this countdown calendar for him.

Sorry that it's sideways, the iPad always does that w vertical photos.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM

oh my gracious.  I would have just gotten him a regular calendar to mark it down but I am boring like that.  DD is counting down until the end of school  LOL.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I suppose I could have done that.  But I did a similar calender for my older son - except we started at the end of June, not the beginning of April.  It didn't take long - and I had the tag board already.

He is counting down to the end of preschool - but is super excited about K.  He's ready to be challenged more academically & preschool isn't really set up for that.

Quoting frndlyfn:

oh my gracious.  I would have just gotten him a regular calendar to mark it down but I am boring like that.  DD is counting down until the end of school  LOL.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

He looks so excited!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:01 PM

My daughter was so excited to attend kindergarten my son is pretty meh about it, lol

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Funny how different kids can be. My older son was pretty meh, partly because he's nervous about new situations. But the younger son is only 20 months younger & has spent time in K already so its a very familiar environment. So he's just excited.

He even went up to the teacher & teacher's aide to say goodbye with no prompting from me - and he can be pretty shy about talking to people he doesn't know well.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

My daughter was so excited to attend kindergarten my son is pretty meh about it, lol

SahmTam
by Tammy on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

He looks so ready to go! Awesome!

ambergem
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

lol Our DS is our first and will be going on the school tour on May 8th!

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

He looks so happy! Very cute picture. :-)

Mommy2Boys0900
by Cameron's mommy on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Aww, he looks so excited. I hope my little one will be as excited when he starts in September.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I think that's why my son is meh. He is in Pre-k right now and loves it but doesn't show any excitment about moving up. My daughter was being homeschooled so she was ready for "real" school as she calls it, lol

Quoting GwenMB:

Funny how different kids can be. My older son was pretty meh, partly because he's nervous about new situations. But the younger son is only 20 months younger & has spent time in K already so its a very familiar environment. So he's just excited.

He even went up to the teacher & teacher's aide to say goodbye with no prompting from me - and he can be pretty shy about talking to people he doesn't know well.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)