Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I sent my husband shopping. LOL

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Max
  • 81 Replies
4 moms liked this

My husband offered to grocery shop with the boys and give me some time to myself. I was super sweet of him and I'm not complaining, just giggling. 

I sent him with a list. It had cucumbers, shampoo, "cuticle remover cream in the isle near the nail polish", and "snacks for the kids' lunches-whatever is on sale" on it among other things. 

He got zucchinis. I asked why (he doesn't like them so I know he didn't just want them) and his answer was, "You said to get cucumbers. Aren't those cucumbers?"

He got conditioner. He said, "I think it's shampoo." When I pointed to word conditioner he said, "Let me smell it.... Yeah, it's shampoo." I just stared at him and he asked, "Are they really different?"

The cuticle remover was Cutex nail polish remover. Can't say I blame him for that one. It's not like he's ever used either of those things. 

And for snacks he got a big bad of M&Ms. Our definition of snack is a little different. 

We got a nice chuckle out of it. 

Does your husband shop?

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
907PickleMom
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol! My husband is not allowed to go shopping with me in general. We would end up with Doritos and hot dogs for every meal.
lilmama8408
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:48 PM
He never goes alone hut often comes with. This way he has input lol
ambergem
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Lol! Yes, my DH is so good at pulling off a super successful trip on a budget. I'll let him go if we're really tight, because he can really think of good meal ideas on a shoestring. He also has great shopping taste on all levels. I can ask him for thoughts on my clothes, even tho I make most of the calls he has good ideas and advice. He worked in retail for several years and lower management, including the beauty section that was thrown into his section he was responsible for at Target. So I can send a list very confidently. The only thing he's had trouble on was pads. Lol. There are so many variations, tho. Size, length, brand, ultra thin. He got the ones that were so close but didn't have wings. Lol. Don't blame him. I hate to send him for those, anyway but it doesn't make him blush.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

My husband offered to grocery shop with the boys and give me some time to myself. I was super sweet of him and I'm not complaining, just giggling. 

I sent him with a list. It had cucumbers, shampoo, "cuticle remover cream in the isle near the nail polish", and "snacks for the kids' lunches-whatever is on sale" on it among other things. 

He got zucchinis. I asked why (he doesn't like them so I know he didn't just want them) and his answer was, "You said to get cucumbers. Aren't those cucumbers?"

He got conditioner. He said, "I think it's shampoo." When I pointed to word conditioner he said, "Let me smell it.... Yeah, it's shampoo." I just stared at him and he asked, "Are they really different?"

The cuticle remover was Cutex nail polish remover. Can't say I blame him for that one. It's not like he's ever used either of those things. 

And for snacks he got a big bad of M&Ms. Our definition of snack is a little different. 

We got a nice chuckle out of it. 

Does your husband shop?

Tracys2
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:00 PM

A little better than yours. But not much!

That is hilarious. TFS

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:04 PM
My husband shops for the family all the time & has no trouble buying stuff for me.
Avarah
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! Poor guy!

Mine will get what's on a list plus another $100 on processed and convenience foods that aren't in our budget. Or he buys a ton of stuff that's perishable right before we leave town.
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:15 PM

LOL, thanks for the chuckle.

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM
When I send hubby with a list, he only gets what's on the list and nothing else. See when I go I make my lists but see things I forgot to add or just want, so I throw it in the basket. I also coupon so we're stocked up on shampoo, razors etc for at least a year. He's never had to buy pads/tampons since I always have 6-10 packages of each on hand at any given time.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Yes he is in charge of grocery shopping and does a pretty good job.

LiveinJoy
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Good golly, no! Myhusband does the same thing...or...he'll call me every 3 minutes with a question.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)