Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

EDIT in blue: My community needs prayers.

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

This morning while kids were arriving at a local school, one of the kindergartners stepped off of the bus like he always did and stepped in front of another bus and was struck and killed this morning in front of other students. The ones that were not there when it happened showed up at school to see him on the ground covered with a sheet. No one should have to see that or go through that so please say a prayer, send positive thoughts, whatever you do to my community that we get through this.

Now that it has been released what the police found out I would like to update you. The little boy had gotten off of his bus and went inside and realized that he had dropped his Nintindo DS and a teacher let him go back out to get it. He found it in front of the bus and the reason that the bus driver didn't see him was because he had bent down to get the DS. Prayers are still needed for the community but there are talks now about how to better secure the school during drop offs and pick ups. They have also sent a note home that there are to be no toys of any kind on the property.

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mj.ajc
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM
OMG! Awful..... :(
islandgirly
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Omg prayers and good thoughts for your community. Especially for the family of the child. I can't even imagine.
ladybugchick317
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:33 PM

It really is. They have not released his name yet but I grew up in that part of town and still have a lot of friends and family in the area. (I live about 30-40 minutes away now) but it is still home. This little boy did nothing more than get off the bus. I feel not only for the little boy and his family but the kids at his school and thier families as well as the bus driver. That is not something that is going to be easy to deal with. The police have the security camera videos and have the little boy to get the autopsy done but have not said anything about charges on the driver so hopefully it comes out that it was just a horrible accident and doesn't get worse than it has to. It is just really shocking because that is the elementary school that my stepkids went to.

Quoting mj.ajc: OMG! Awful..... :(

ladybugchick317
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I can't either. When it came on the news my dh called me at work to ask me if I had heard. He has met most of the people that I grew up with and we are worried about who's child it is and finding out how we can help.

Quoting islandgirly: Omg prayers and good thoughts for your community. Especially for the family of the child. I can't even imagine.

mj.ajc
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM
I'm in tears that's just terrible :( I have kids that age....I just can't imagine. What an awful freak accident.

Quoting ladybugchick317:

It really is. They have not released his name yet but I grew up in that part of town and still have a lot of friends and family in the area. (I live about 30-40 minutes away now) but it is still home. This little boy did nothing more than get off the bus. I feel not only for the little boy and his family but the kids at his school and thier families as well as the bus driver. That is not something that is going to be easy to deal with. The police have the security camera videos and have the little boy to get the autopsy done but have not said anything about charges on the driver so hopefully it comes out that it was just a horrible accident and doesn't get worse than it has to. It is just really shocking because that is the elementary school that my stepkids went to.

godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I will be praying that is horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybugchick317
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I know. My youngest are 9 and 8 and I worry about them all the time but this little one it just breaks my heart.

Quoting mj.ajc: I'm in tears that's just terrible :( I have kids that age....I just can't imagine. What an awful freak accident.
Quoting ladybugchick317:

M0M0F3B0YS82
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM
That's horrible for everyone! Prayers for everyone involved and effected :(
aetrom
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Oh my how sad! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM

So very sad--praying for them all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN