Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

End of school year gifts

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM
  • 50 Replies

Did you purchase your child's teacher an end of school year gift yet? What did you get them?

If you haven't, will you purchase them something?

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
young_lv_mom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:04 AM
I haven't yet, but want to. Not sure what to get them but both teachers are great and have been working with the kids to get them to do there best. Any suggestions?
dawncs
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Gift cards are always great and helpful to teachers. The school districts are providing less money to teachers for extra books for their classroom that they want to provide instead of the school directly. I recommend a gift card from Staples (which has a great selection for elementary school teachers) or your local teacher supply store.

Quoting young_lv_mom: I haven't yet, but want to. Not sure what to get them but both teachers are great and have been working with the kids to get them to do there best. Any suggestions?

ZamilyMom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM

At my kids school, the room parents collect money for a class gift from those who wish to participate.  Most parents contribute because it is easier, although some choose to purchase an individual gift.  We make sure it is clear that the class gift is completely optional and that no one is judged by how much or how little they contribute or if they chose not to participate.

M0M0F3B0YS82
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:40 AM
My sons kindergarten teacher I'm getting her a gift card and coffee cup (she loves coffee lol)

My oldest has 4teachers but he wants to get just his home room teacher something thankfully lol
meam4444
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:16 PM

I usually have the girls give their teacher a gift card and sometimes flowers.

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Haven't yet we don't get out until mid to late June

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM

We do a group gift for end of the year so I'm not getting an individual gift.

We are getting her a gift certificate to a local restaurant she likes & having all the kids write a letter to her saying what they like, a favorite memory of 1st grade etc.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Well were in an awkward position since my oldest teacher left for maternity leave April 1st, I plan on leaving her a gift card, and a colored pen/stationary set, and a card. So she can have it when she comes back in July. His long term sub, a gift card and a potted flower.

My kindergartener also just moved classes due to a long term sub. His original teacher just up and left after getting married :/ I will.probably give his new teacher a small gift card, and Idk what else yet.
mom2jessnky
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I'm in an interesting situation this year with both kids. My oldest has a male teacher this year, but since he wears a tie everyday I'm thinking I'll get him a fun tie and a gift card to Starbucks.

Now with my youngest that's a pickle, she has a teacher, but she goes to an online school so it's not like the teacher is here day to day or that we even see her all that often. So I'm not sure what to do...

jaytee
by Jen on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM
I have three kids and they all have multiple teachers. I will make some goodies for them and the main teacher will get a Lil something extra. Haven't bought anything yet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN