Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Summer activies?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:59 PM
  • 65 Replies

Which summer activites are your children planning on doing?

Any camps, classes, activities, etc...??

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Just playing!
highlandmum
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM

DS8 is doing some hockey camps, and box lacrosse.  We also have him in a Jr. Chef camp (as he is my Master Chef Jr.) this one is a surprise for him.

DD14 - Has a dance camp she is in.  She got a full scholarship for this one at a competition, so I just need to pay for travel to and from.  She also has her highland dance camp that runs all summer

DD16 - has rugby and is working at a community dance camp.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Maybe a mini-basketball camp, otherwise nothing planned yet.  I should do swim lessons for them.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:31 PM
DS1 is working at Boy Scout camp for 8 weeks.

DS2 will go to one week @ BSA camp and One week @ Church camp.
DD will go to church camp for a week.

DS2 and DD and I are going to a family reunion for my Moms family for 10 days or so (with travel to/from) We are in CA and going to Colorado then Minnesota.

The rest of the time will be getting settled in the new house :)
Pecuellar
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Baseball - my 7YO, Maybe Karate

My 6YO wants Art, Sewing, Piano or Soccer.  Haven't decided.

They usually got to Gymnastics, Zoo and a Fun  (like Princess training) weeklong camps

We take a lot of trips, so I don't like to over commit. 

2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:43 PM

DD is 6.5. She will be going to girl scout camp, contiuning gymnastics, and maybe an art class. Other than that we have several family camping trips planned. She will also get lots of lake and park time with her grandma.

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Hanging home and playing with friends.

CarlysMommy1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:48 PM

DD is going to her school's summer camp.  They'll be doing a lot of fun activities and going on several field trips each week.

I also need to get her signed up for swimming lessons.  We've always done group lessons because it's considerably cheaper, but I think I'm going to splurge for private lessons this year.  She was so close to being able to swim on her own last summer and I think she'll definitely get there this summer.

DD will also be doing gymnastics.  She does that year round though, so it's not a special summertime activity/class.

mommy053008
by Maria on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:53 PM
My oldest will go to gymnastics camp then camp at the y where I am working this summer.
jamianne
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:16 PM

DS will be taking a reading/writing class again this summer.  He'll also continue with marital arts 3 times a week and swimming lessons once a week.  DD wants to take martial arts with her brother, so she'll be doing that this summer and swimming lessons as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN