Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

5 yr old and feeling emotional

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hi ladies,
So as years pass my husband and I have never really decided a yes or no on having another child. For a while I thought no since we want to give them everything they need and deserve and then we have conversations where my husband says we can have another. I'm very confused I love my little girl so much and being a mom is the only thing that makes me complete. Our daughter is 5 1/2 and I feel that since we haven't made a real decision the time is going to come that we just aren't going to eant another. what are your thoughts on family planning?
thank you
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Just do what feels right.  We have only one child and that is it.   My guy is older than me so one child is a blessing.   

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM

There are advantages to a larger age difference between siblings. There is a 5 yr difference between ds1 and ds2, and that was intentional. It's been nice- they get along well (even w/ ds1 being a teen now), ds1 was able to help when ds2 was younger, and ds1 can babysit his siblings so getting a date night w/ dh is now easier.

You need to do whatever works best for your family.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a decision that you and your husband should make together.

I am slightly concerned by you saying "being a mom is the only thing that makes me complete" IMO, you need to get some interests and/or hobbies of your own. 

ardiaxe
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:46 AM
I would have one more, and that's only because I do feel children need siblings. Some people may disagree with me, but I'm married to an only child. He's had an amazing childhood, but one that was lonely, he's finding it very hard to cope with his aging parents because he has to worry about them with no one that really understands. It's sad that he depends on my family to provide all of the nieces and nephews. There are too many advantages to having another. If you can afford it both mentally and financially.
It's not an easy decision but it is one you may regret by the time it's too late.
hopeym23
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:51 PM

We waited till my 7 yr old was 4 and then had my middle child.  We now have 3.  I was an only child growing up and wanted a sibling so very much.  It was very lonely for me.  I promised myself I would not have an only child.  There are pro and cons to each choice.  You have to decide what will work best for your family.  Good luck!

Dodie702
by Doriane on Apr. 26, 2014 at 5:54 PM
You'll have to do what your heart tells you.
mommy053008
by Maria on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:47 PM
I have 2 and love it! Its up to you and your hubby.
flowrsgalore
avoiding doing what I really ought to be doing.
Tuesday at 9:15 PM
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I have one and am happy. Yes I'd have had another if I'd been in the know that kids were so fun and I had gotten an earlier start.  I was already old when I had my daughter and I was so bushed from that no sleep business that  babies cause there was no way I was signing up for number two right away.  Now that she's older and things are a whole lot easier,  in hind sight maybe one more would have been worth the lost sleep?  This may all sound like regret, it's not. we are ok with only one, but we'd have been ok with maybe even three so it's whatever you decide to be happy with.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I always knew I wanted four - but my personal plan for timing and the way things actually worked out were totally different. Haha.

I got pregnant the first year I was married so everything started a lot earlier than I thought I wanted. And then, we spread our kids out a little more than (again) I thought I wanted.

My oldest is now 7 and my 4th is due in August. But this pregnancy is totally killing me - I also have a 15 month old. I'm glad I'm actually finally coming to the end of my baby making years... pregnancy has not been pleasant. But I knew when we had our 3rd that I wasn't quite done.

My mind might change when this one is born, but right now, the thought of ever being pregnant again is like the furthest thing from my mind. I finally feel like our family is about to be complete.

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:13 PM
You already know.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN