Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Have the end of year activities started yet?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:49 AM
  • 35 Replies

Have the end of year activities at your kids school started yet? Things like award ceremonies, field day, spring fling, field trips, muffins with mom/donuts with dad etc...?

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:54 AM

No

We still have five weeks left. It's important to keep the kids motivated and focused right up until the end. So we save all the end of the year activities until the actual end of the year. 

okpondlady
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM

OH GOD  YES!!!! Our kiddies have gone to Bounce U in Tulsa,  they are going to the Children's Museum next week.  They have had a fun day with a bouncy house at the school.  It just keeps going on..

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Not yet.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 11:00 AM
No, school doesn't let out until mid June here
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Yes. We had four events in two nights this week and have two more next week, etc. All three of my kids are in a performing art, sport, and honor's student. I also am actively involved in graduation and scholarships/awards so it's a VERY busy time!

Childplay
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Yes...Mabye not that last part but most of it YES.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 11:55 AM

We have activities all year long, the Spring isn't any different. Parent breakfasts are in October. Kindergarten goes on their field trip in November and first grade's is in December.  There are several grades that do April field trips.  We have a lot of annual events through out the year.  We just had the 3rd grading period awards right before Easter, the 4th grading awards will be presented the next to the last day of school in June.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:17 PM
We have activities all year long. Our " end of year " parties don't start till the last week. With field day. Desk cleaning day. And then the very last day is a party.

Since April my K and 2nd grader have each had a field trip, had book fair and excellence night, and will each have 1 more field trip. And a few more activities. But that's consistant with what the rest of the year was like
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM
He is in his 1 year old middle school so i'm not sure how it work and are last day is not till june 7th
LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM

My oldest son has a field trip coming up next month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN