Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Church after sleepover

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 57 Replies

My 8yr old daughter went to a sleepover at a friend's house on Sat night and Sunday morning the parents woke her up to go to their Church with them.She went, and they dropped her off afterwards. It was not our faith, and DD thought it was weird and boring, but I've raised her to be reverent to God and respectful of other people's beliefs and traditions.

However, you should have asked me first - and my daughter will not be sleeping over at your house again!

by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:54 PM
6 moms liked this
If she's spending the night on Saturday and they are regular church goers, then it shouldn't be a surprise. It may have been to you, but I'll bet it wasn't to your daughter.
lovemercygrace
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting mjande4: If she's spending the night on Saturday and they are regular church goers, then it shouldn't be a surprise. It may have been to you, but I'll bet it wasn't to your daughter.
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Yes, they should have asked you first but you also could've asked when making the arrangements.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:00 PM
6 moms liked this

or perhaps just ask them to drop her off before they go to church, or you pick her up before church.  Give the parents the benefit of doubt- they probably didn't think it was an issue...

HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM

i was thinking the same thing.  i went to church with lots of friends growing up.  some mormon, some catholic and so on so forth. granted my mom knew about all of them.

Quoting lovemercygrace: This.
Quoting mjande4: If she's spending the night on Saturday and they are regular church goers, then it shouldn't be a surprise. It may have been to you, but I'll bet it wasn't to your daughter.

lionsmom951
by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I had no idea they were regular church-goers, or what church they attended. This is my daughter's classmate - not a neighbor or a close friend.  This was my daughter's first sleepover at their house. They asked about allergies, medications, got my cell # in case of emergency.

Would it have been so hard to ask, "Do you mind if we take your daughter to church with us in the morning, or would you prefer to pick her up early?"

Can't imagine my daughter asking her friend what religion she is or how often they go to church...

jamianne
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:02 PM

They probably assumed that you knew they'd be taking her to church with them if they attend regularly.  Instead of forbidding future sleep overs, why not just talk to the parents and request that they ask you before taking your child to church in the future.

Dodie702
by Doriane on May. 5, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Quoting lovemercygrace: This.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I would expect they would take my child with them where ever they went while in their care.  Out to eat, kids extra curricular activities, movies, bowling, church whatever.

cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Did you know they were church goers? If so then you should have expected them to take her unless you told them you needed her home before a certain time
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN