Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

FED UP WITH THE PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM

Posted by on May. 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM
  • 55 Replies

Has anyone ever felt like taking their kids out of public school?  My son is in 1st grade and i feel that way.  I have a lot of issues with the education system.  I do every thing that i can to be a hands on parent with my child where his academics are concerned.  But i still feel discourage for my child getting a good education.  I am not financially stable to get him the private schoold education, I am so frustrated.toddler tantrum

by on May. 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by on May. 17, 2014 at 11:13 AM
4 moms liked this

I pulled my son out of the public school in the middle of his first grade year.  We homeschool.  It is difficult but worth it.

debramommyof4
by on May. 17, 2014 at 11:16 AM
I did when my oldest was in kindergarten. I pulled her after 6 months. Then we homeschooled. We have been doing it ever since.
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:18 AM
We never did your traditional public school but last year we did a charter homeschool that drove me crazy. We switched to a new one this year and it's so much better!
mhaney03
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I did take my kids out, we're homeschooling now and they will never see the inside of a public school again.

Firewoman33
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:25 AM
3 moms liked this
I think a lot depends on where you live. My son has really thrived at Kindergarten this year. Imo, our public school is better then the local private school.
trish2tew
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM

DD#1 did pretty good in preK, but we have had more and more issues this year, mostly with the teacher. I am as involved as I can be for working FT on 1rst shift, but we are also getting her evaluated for a sensory processing disorder. Her behavior varies so much and the teacher is only there maybe 3 full days a week. I honestly wonder if she is learning everything she needs to. We can't afford private school either, but I don't know if I could have the patience to teach her at home.

peachesforme
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:27 AM
What exactly is frustrating you about public school?
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:35 AM
3 moms liked this

Remember the private school doesn't always equal a better education.  You really need to look at your options and do a lot of research on those options prior to making a decision.  Switching schools often is very damaging on a child's education.

What specifically is bothering you about the school that he currently attends?  Does the private school address those concerns?  Would home schooling be a better fit?

lenashark
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:36 AM

No, I love his school.

rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I too have a lot of issues with public school in general. I'm going to take the summer to consider whether or not it's feasible to remove the kids from school and home school them. And beyond the education itself, I have so many issues with the other children that it's almost worse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)