Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Got Homeschooled?

Posted by on May. 17, 2014 at 11:58 AM
  • 4 Replies
What does a day of homeschooling look like?
I have four boys but am considering the idea of HS my eldest.
by on May. 17, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
linz04060913
by New Member on May. 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM

First thing in the morning we eat a protein breakfast (if our breakfast has refined sugar, the kids can't concentrate). Then we normally do math. Then spelling and play and then lunch. After lunch we do bible and go over history and/or science. Then they get time to read whatever they want or we run errands or go to the park. We also have field trip days and play dates. Yesterday we didn't do school because we went to a garaje sale and spent the day with my MIL

Linagma03
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 3:47 AM
What I liked about HS my youngest was that I didn't have to have set schedule for lessons. I also didn't have a set curriculum for her either. We had a farm and 75% of her work was based on what was required to run a farm, care of the animals; amount of feed each needed based on size, gender, and species; keeping records; she did a lot of math and writing and had a lot of science. I was able to take our daily life and turn it into schooling. The areas that I had to actually have lessons for was her social studies. When she asked to back to public school she was placed in advanced math, science, and English/language arts then the other subjects she was taking the regular classes.
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2014 at 5:53 AM
There are groups on CM specifically for HS. Your best advice will come from there. You should also check into local HS groups since you will probably want local support.
Dodie702
by Doriane on May. 18, 2014 at 11:19 AM
I know there is a computer homeschooling program here. I'm guessing they spend quite a bit of their day on the computer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN