Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

When you and dh are both sick

Posted by on May. 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 48 Replies
Who gets to lie down and be sick and who has to take care of kids and the house?

Happy long weekend to me!!
by on May. 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mewebb82
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:49 PM

It depends......sometimes one of us clearly feels worse than the other. My husband is a big baby when he gets sick though, so he is usually the one in bed. There have been a few times I couldn't even stand up though and he took over.

little.worthen
by Tess on May. 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM

we take turns

Reina13
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM

My rarely get sick but when we both do, I still take care of things. I am picky like that and I prefer to take care of things on my own. Plus if he can better quickly, it is much better for me...lol

ShandellsBaby
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM

It just depends on who feels worse there has been one time that hubby was sick but I was in the bed cause I couldn't hardly walk cause of my ovaries I get real bad cyst on them and he understood that I couldn't get up and walk he had to help me to the bathroom and everything. 

Maries_Mom23
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM

That's only happened once (luckily!).  Our oldest (now 10) was 2 months old and we both got the flu!  We took turns.   That was the only way to do it.  We'd go to bed when she went down at night and I'd get up first, then him.  During the day,  we both napped when she slept.   When she was awake, we took turns again.  

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 1:17 PM

We don't get a sick day.  If I am sick, I still take care of the kids and the house. If it is a school day, I will lay down for a bit during the day, but nothing more than a power nap.  If I am under the weather my huband will take over with the bedtime routine so I can turn in early. I do the same when he is sick.  

MamaLauri
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Definitely not Mom. Mom's do not get the luxury of getting sick.

4HMomto3
by on May. 25, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Depends who is worse and what needs to be done.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on May. 25, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Me I take care of him n the boys
mrsary
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 2:06 PM
No one since I am a single parent. Lol. Can't wait til they are old enough to do for themselves!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)