Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

summer camps **EDIT ADDED VIDEO OF WHAT MY DAUGHTER LEARNED AT CAMP**

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:21 PM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have your kids started summer camps? Where are they going?

My daughter started going to gymnastics camp this week. She has back hand spring camp, cheer camp and a week at the YMCA coming up :-)

so check out what my daughter learned at camp today!!! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:28 PM
My boys won't be going to summer camp. My oldest son is my only child who went to summer camp.... it was 10 years ago the summer between kindergarten and first grade.
huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:32 PM

My oldest will do a 3-week/half day camp at school, but since it's not for incoming 1st graders my youngest can't go too.  They will both do an all-day/week long camp at our science center in the middle of July.  Otherwise they stay home with me and drive me crazy!!!

mommy053008
by Maria on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:42 PM
That's awesome! She won't be in camp all summer either we have aBT 2 weeks off and 3rd week we r on vacay

Quoting huskermom98:

My oldest will do a 3-week/half day camp at school, but since it's not for incoming 1st graders my youngest can't go too.  They will both do an all-day/week long camp at our science center in the middle of July.  Otherwise they stay home with me and drive me crazy!!!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:46 PM

My boys will be taking tennis and golf lessons this summer, so there won't be time for camps.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Oh fun! My dd still takes gymnastic class on Wednesday but soccer and cheer season are over so we def want herin some kind of camp. Tennis sounds so fun!

Quoting steelcrazy:

My boys will be taking tennis and golf lessons this summer, so there won't be time for camps.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Tennis is Tue and Thur afternoons for 8 weeks and golf is Mon and Wed mornings for 6 weeks.  That pretty much kills our summer. Most YMCAs offer tennis lessons for a reasonable rate, although my boys don't take lessons at the Y.

Quoting mommy053008: Oh fun! My dd still takes gymnastic class on Wednesday but soccer and cheer season are over so we def want herin some kind of camp. Tennis sounds so fun!
Quoting steelcrazy:

frndlyfn
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:04 PM

She is still in school.   No camps this year since we are traveling across country for 2 weeks.   She is not mature enough for many of the camps around and they are ridiculously priced.

Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Ds has his last baseball game tomorrow, and I am thinking of enrolling him into a summer tumbling class.

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Yes, she has done a variety of camps in the summer since she was 3.  At age 3 we mostly did camp at her school, but have branched out the past few years.  She likes camps that do stuff she doesn't do at school (or doesn't do a lot of) - nature, art, music, acting.  She did a YMCA camp last year and hated it, but it was the last session and it was chaos. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My son still has a week of school left. No camps so far this year. He's mainly just doing sports.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)