Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

father's day crafts that dad can actually use

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM
  • 19 Replies
I'm looking for some father's day crafts that SS7 can make and that DH can actually use.

I've been browsing pintrest, but most of the crafts I've found are just cards or artwork.
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dodie702
by Doriane on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:00 PM
I use Google to find crafts for my kids.
ILovemyPaulie
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:04 PM

My Son made DH a pencil holder from a coffee can last year. I think they are making another one this year with their picture on the front and the coffee can filled with candy. Pencil/pen holders are useful!

LTryon
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Coffee mug! :) I picked up some white ceramic coffee mugs at the dollar store and a couple packs of sharpie markers. I'm going to let the kids color the mugs and then I'll heat treat them in the oven to set the marker, and wha-la! Father's day gifts :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:19 PM

If he doesn't drink coffee then try a water bottle.

Quoting LTryon: Coffee mug! :) I picked up some white ceramic coffee mugs at the dollar store and a couple packs of sharpie markers. I'm going to let the kids color the mugs and then I'll heat treat them in the oven to set the marker, and wha-la! Father's day gifts :)

family in the van   Mom of four

toriandgrace
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Does that work? I heard it still washes off in the dishwasher.

Quoting LTryon: Coffee mug! :) I picked up some white ceramic coffee mugs at the dollar store and a couple packs of sharpie markers. I'm going to let the kids color the mugs and then I'll heat treat them in the oven to set the marker, and wha-la! Father's day gifts :)
toriandgrace
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:21 AM
You could get a little kit at the hardware store and he could build something, sometimes they have wooden boxes and such.
LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:21 AM

If u have a michael's around u they have kids clubs every sat and tomorrow they will be making something from train your dragon 2 but also doing some father's day craft, one of them is a card and they other is a t shirt you can make with dad ( all you have to do is buy the t shirt). The kids club is 30 for 2.00 and it's for ages 3-12. If you don't have that you can check out lowe's or home depot they have kids classes over the weekend.

LTryon
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Crap! I don't know :( this is the first time doing it... Darn pinterest! Grr...

Quoting toriandgrace: Does that work? I heard it still washes off in the dishwasher.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trosemomof3
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM
I seen this idea on Facebook. Bake at 350 for like 15 minutes. The cups can be bought for a dollar, worth a try

Quoting LTryon: Crap! I don't know :( this is the first time doing it... Darn pinterest! Grr...

Quoting toriandgrace: Does that work? I heard it still washes off in the dishwasher.

trosemomof3
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:48 AM
I seen this idea on Facebook. Bake at 350 for like 15 minutes. The cups can be bought for a dollar, worth a try

Quoting LTryon: Crap! I don't know :( this is the first time doing it... Darn pinterest! Grr...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)