Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

summer break bedtimes?

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:44 PM
  • 86 Replies

we're trying to keep my 4 yr old's bedtime at 8,because its at 8 when its a school night when do your kids go to bed in the summer?

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gcstar42
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I tend to let my kids stay up a little later in the summer, unless we have something to do the next day. Usually they are in bed sometime between 9-10. They also sleep until close to 8 or sometimes even later though during the summer.
mommy053008
by Maria on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Well me and hubs still have to work and oldest is in many summer camps my youngest is the only with an actual break from school she isn't doing camps BC Shes three and too young but her preschool doesn't start back til sept. I hate that we have to wake up but we will be on the beach at the end of july. So we have plenty of time for late nights and late wakings!
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:02 PM

In the summer I let my six year old decide his bedtime. He knows that he has either tennis, sailing, cram school, or church on certain days at 8am, so when he goes to bed is up to him as long as he is up and ready for those things. The babies usually go to sleep at around 8pm.

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM
6 moms liked this

When she starts to annoy me then she has to go to bed. DD is almost ten

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:16 PM

I let them stay up a little later and then when August comes, we go back to school bedtimes.

smurfy88
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:16 PM
It will be close to the same. My 6 year old goes to bed at 7:30, I might let her stay up until 8.
ShandellsBaby
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:37 PM

We stay up late after school goes out but in August we go back to school bedtimes 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

They go to bed when they are tired, there isn't a set bedtime for anyone.  I couldn't imagine putting a child to bed when the sun is still up.  How does your child even sleep with the sun shining still?

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jun. 5, 2014 at 10:24 PM
My boys go to bed whenever they want in the summer.
Allison489
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 10:28 PM
It stays light here until nearly 9 p.m. in the summer, so we tend to stay up until 10 p.m. and sleep in until 9 a.m. during summer break. My kids are 15, 14, and 10. The older kids are sleep-hogs, but my youngest is up with the sun every day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)