Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What's the temperature in your house?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:50 PM
  • 84 Replies

What temperature do you keep your thermostat at when you are home?  When you are not home? At night?

It's not bad right now but it gets 100+ degrees for most of the summer.

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tooth_Inspector
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:54 PM
We don't have a/c so we are at the mercy of the outside weather. Right now it's about 65 degrees inside because we have all the windows and doors open to the cool weather. We shut down the house when it is hot out to preserve the coolness from the night :)
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Where I grew up, we didn't really need A/C.  Sometimes it got really really warm and we would just buy a fan but not here.  Too many days of the summer it gets over 95+ degrees.  The other day, it was 106 degrees outside and my husband had turned off the A/C that morning (why?  Not sure) and it was 89 degrees inside the house and our house is not set up well to have a breeze coming through the windows. 

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: We don't have a/c so we are at the mercy of the outside weather. Right now it's about 65 degrees inside because we have all the windows and doors open to the cool weather. We shut down the house when it is hot out to preserve the coolness from the night :)

Tooth_Inspector
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Oh I totally understand! I live in WY so most homes don't have a/c here but when I lived in SC for a while, you would die without a/c! It's crazy how different places are!

Quoting M4LG5:

Where I grew up, we didn't really need A/C.  Sometimes it got really really warm and we would just buy a fan but not here.  Too many days of the summer it gets over 95+ degrees.  The other day, it was 106 degrees outside and my husband had turned off the A/C that morning (why?  Not sure) and it was 89 degrees inside the house and our house is not set up well to have a breeze coming through the windows. 

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: We don't have a/c so we are at the mercy of the outside weather. Right now it's about 65 degrees inside because we have all the windows and doors open to the cool weather. We shut down the house when it is hot out to preserve the coolness from the night :)

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:08 PM
South Georgia and it's set at 75.
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:11 PM
68 not as cool as I'd like
mom2jessnky
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:39 PM

73* during the day. 69* at night.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I have my thermostat set at 75* in the summer, doesn't matter if it is day or night or if we are home or not.  We have way to much humidity to even consider going with out A/C.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM
I keep it set to 74 day or night, home or not home.
Annellyse
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM

76 during the day, 75 in the evening (76 is too hot for DH) and then I turn it down to 74 before I go to bed because I get hot at night.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:58 PM

My husband thought that by turning it off we were saving on energy.  I kept telling him no that we should keep it on.  Well, it got up to 89 freak'n degrees in our house and it was muggy so it took FOREVER for it to go down.  that was the same day that it was 106 degrees so we didn't know where to go for relief.  My friend works for the energy company and sent me information to give to him and I was also asking my friends (while he was there with me) what they do and they all keep it on.  I think he is finally believing me. 

I am so glad to see several responses about keeping it on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN