Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do Your Kids Have Allergies

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM
  • 63 Replies
Are your kids allergic to anything? My oldest and youngest are lactose intolerant and my oldest is also gluten free. I am really hoping this baby won't have allergies. I am glad Maddi doesn't have allergies,only occasional seasonal allergies.
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lonelymoon
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest is allergic to chlorine and cashews.
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Thankfully DD doesn't have any allergies so far.  Hope it stays that way too.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

None of my kids have allergies to food but my oldest has seasonal allergies and is allergic to smoke and can't have medicine with sulfa.

family in the van   Mom of four

Cmgmqmmom
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM
My three kids are allergic to amoxicillin. They have no food allergies or intolerance that we've seen.
sissyboogs
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM
My son is allergic to penicillin, zithromax, and black fly (gnat) bites.

My daughter isn't allergic to anything that we know of.
bellawomen
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Lactose intolerance is not an allergy.

My son is allergic to dairy, dairy bi- products, pumpkin, cats, latex, neoprene, amoxicillin, and sulfa meds. I think that is it.
SahmTam
by Tammy on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM

My oldest two (son and daughter) are allergic to all tree nuts.

I'm pretty sure my oldest has outgrown his allergy, but he hasn't had an allergy resolution test yet to be sure, so we still report it as an allergy to school, camps, etc. My daughter's allergy, however, is becoming more severe as the years go by.

My youngest (son) has no allergies.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM

My oldest doesn't have any allergies.  My youngest is allergic to certain perfumes and dyes, we discovered this when he broke out in a head to toe rash at a month old, we had to ditch the Johnson's baby products and Dreft due to him being allergic to something in them.  He's also allergic to dust , cats, and pollen like me.

OP, your children have intolerances which are not allergies.  I'm also lactose intolerant and don't ever list it as an allergy since it is not.

mommyneedssleep
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:50 PM
My oldest is allergic to everything... Well no food allergies but animals, outside and penicillin . My youngest no allergies at all. We won't let him have penicillin because I have the allergy also and it's the only one I have so they have decided not to risk it with him
Marti123
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM
My YDS has a severe nut allergy, such a PIA!!!!!

Fingers crossed my DD won't have any, I am such a foodie, I figure it would be poetic irony if she ends up allergic to a bunch of things!!

On a funny note, if I ever get angry at my DH, I could just get another cat, he looks at a feline, he becomes this swollen, itchy, snotty mess, I tease him all the time!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)