Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Would you let your child sleep?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:12 AM
  • 42 Replies
School starts in ten minutes and my eight year old is still fast asleep. Last night was her dance recital and she didn't get to bed until 11. The recital is scheduled months in advance and should taken place during summer break. Unfortunately, we had 15 snow days, so instead of school getting out there 6th, it gets out the 19th. I figure 5 hours of school rested is better than 7 hours exhausted. What would you have done?
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Take her in late or even just stay home, with only 3 days left they can't possibly be doing anything that serious.

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Just stay home.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Let her sleep, she obviously needs it.

On a side note, we had 12 or so snow days but madeup all of the days during the school year.  I love having the days built into the calendar instead of being in school until late June.

MyNameIs-
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Normally I'd say wake her up, but under those circumstances, just let her sleep. It's just one time.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Let her sleep.
toriandgrace
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:00 AM
We had six days built in, made up nine. Our typical winter has 6 or less days, but this year was crazy. My best friend lives 20 minutes away; their school district had 14 snow days and got out on time. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 91 degrees and my daughter's school is the only one in the district with AC. Poor kiddos.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Let her sleep, she obviously needs it.

On a side note, we had 12 or so snow days but madeup all of the days during the school year.  I love having the days built into the calendar instead of being in school until late June.

LovlyRita
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:05 AM
3 moms liked this
I'd make her get up and go to school. It's a good life lesson. School is a priority and we go even if it means being a little tired.
PeachQuean
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Mine would stay home. Lol

It's the end of the year and I know my.kids at school.are only.watching movies and eating junk food and drinking tons of pop. Their in school.till.the 25th
cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:09 AM
I would just let get stay home
suroundedbyboys
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Let her sleep. My ds9 is an early riser, up before 7 daily. There was a day in May when he woke up ate breakfast sat around and went back to bed, he was passed out. My ds6 was in the room making noise and getting ready ds9 kept on snoozing. I sent da6 to school and gave ds9 the day off. He slept until 10:30 and I kept him home the rest of the day. He was not allowed video games or tv but he happily played with his 2 year old sister the rest of the day and read.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)