Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Treat bags!

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:13 PM
  • 26 Replies

Do you do gifts for your kids on the last day of school?  I started last year. This year I got gift bags from the dollar store and gave each kid a new to them book, a bubble gun and a squirt gun. I made them for my 4 littles and 3 of the neighbor kids. It is not much but it is to get them to kick off summer right.  

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Nope. Their "treat" is getting to stay up late that night and sleep in the next morning.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Nope.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Nope.  We basically just go out for supper to celebrate the end of the year.

family in the van   Mom of four

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Nope
lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I send in little goodie bags for my daughter's entire class. I enjoy doing it and giving the kids a little good bye gift and some things to entertain them on a rainy afternoon.
JanetteA
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this

No I don't and I wish other kids' parents wouldn't either.

It's bad enough that my kid gets bombarded with toys on Christmas and his birthday--- but now he gets presents on Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, and the end of school.  Enough!

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 6:55 AM

No.  My daughter's treat is getting to stay up as late as she wants that first night.  We stay up later in general all summer long but the day school ends, there's no bed time at all.

toriandgrace
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:17 AM
I like the idea of getting some new books, but we have an absurd number already. I might give her a $10 gift card to Barnes and Noble to choose her own summer reading.
toriandgrace
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:19 AM
You wish other kids' parents wouldn't buy your kid stuff or buy their own children stuff?

Quoting JanetteA:

No I don't and I wish other kids' parents wouldn't either.

It's bad enough that my kid gets bombarded with toys on Christmas and his birthday--- but now he gets presents on Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, and the end of school.  Enough!

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:20 AM
No but that's sweet. We used to go to an amusement park the day after the last day but haven't for awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)