Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Gifts??

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:47 PM
  • 30 Replies

Whats an appropriate gift for coaches? What are you getting your kids coaches this season?

Thanks!

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Idk, I haven't had to do that, yet.

Gift card to sports store?
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

IDK, I've never given a coach a gift.  Don't know anyone who does either.

RoyalT26
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Really? they do in my town.

RoyalT26
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Quoting Firewoman33: Idk, I haven't had to do that, yet. Gift card to sports store?

Good idea thanks!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RoyalT26:

Quoting steelcrazy:

OK, then what do they give as gifts in your town?  Do they just gift the head coach or do they gift all of them?  Personally I would find it rude to only give a gift to the head coach, yet couldn't imagine giving every dad who helped coach the team a gift.

Firewoman33
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think the best gift would be volunteering.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting RoyalT26:

Quoting steelcrazy:

OK, then what do they give as gifts in your town?  Do they just gift the head coach or do they gift all of them?  Personally I would find it rude to only give a gift to the head coach, yet couldn't imagine giving every dad who helped coach the team a gift.

trosemomof3
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Smoothie king or Starbucks gift cards
ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
We usually do gift cards either to Dunkin donuts or a sporting good store. I think last year we did $25 dd cards to all the coaches and an extra $25 modells to the head coach. League supplies very little training supplies. One year we chipped in and got ours his own set of bases for practice because he was always fighting the league over bases for practices. He was like a kid on Christmas Day. This year most of the team will be moving up so we are doing a group gift. Gift cards for the assistances and a money tree for the head coach.

We always give to coaches. They donate their time and as much we all comment on his current coaches loud yelling manner we all admit we'd be yelling too the 3rd, 4th, 5th time we told them the same thing practice after practice. My oldest is ADHD and not always easy to coach so we've always given a thank you for putting up with our kid. I know it's not easy and you volunteer time adjust work scheduled and often spend your own money throughout the season on the kids.
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I'm a coach and I often get gift cards and a signed picture by the girls.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Coaching sports is my passion and I love it.....gift or not.  I never do it for the gifts but I usually get a little gift card for my efforts.  You do want to "thank" the volunteer coaches because, especially in youth sports, good coaches are hard to come by and you want to show your appreciation and hope they continue.  When I'm not coaching, I definitely make sure to do this with the coaches that my girls have. 

Quoting Firewoman33: I would think the best gift would be volunteering.
Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting RoyalT26:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)