Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

To much technology!!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:32 PM
  • 19 Replies

So I seen a post in another group and it made me think...

There is WAY to much technology these days! Kids with cell phones, IPod's, gaming systems, etc...

What happened to the good ol' days?

The post I'm referring to talked about pen pals for the kids... I can remember having a pen pal when I was a child and it was always SO much fun to look forward to the letters I'd get in the mail.

Are there any moms out there who have children who would be interested in something like that? My daughter is 7 (about to be 8) and she would LOVE it!

Anyone interested in doing the whole "pen pal" thing over the rest of the summer? I think it would be fun for the kiddos.

I'm not talking E-mail or anything of that nature, We'd want good, old fashioned, pen and paper pen pals.

???

So? . . . Good idea??

by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Yes! I agree and that would be so.neat to do. My son is 7-8 and I think.he would love a pen pal!
MommyChance
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I'd thought about finding a pen pal for my child. Honestly, I'd only do it if I had a PO Box or through the school. I don't like the idea of giving out my address to strangers nowadays. Yes, I'm probably paranoid but you never know.
WillowRose24
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Quoting MommyChance: I'd thought about finding a pen pal for my child. Honestly, I'd only do it if I had a PO Box or through the school. I don't like the idea of giving out my address to strangers nowadays. Yes, I'm probably paranoid but you never know.

Right? I thought about that after I made the post while sitting here watching "Snapped" lol. People are crazy now a days. We have a gun though... and a huge dog. So if someone decided to come to my home with not so good intentions. It wouldn't be a very good idea on their part...

I can assure you though. If I decided to let my daughter have a pen pal, the only need for the other address we'd have would be to make sure the letter got where it needed to go. lol

MommyChance
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Hahaha! Yeah... I think I've seen way too many episodes of Snapped and Dateline for my own good. Lol...

Quoting WillowRose24:

Quoting MommyChance: I'd thought about finding a pen pal for my child. Honestly, I'd only do it if I had a PO Box or through the school. I don't like the idea of giving out my address to strangers nowadays. Yes, I'm probably paranoid but you never know.

Right? I thought about that after I made the post while sitting here watching "Snapped" lol. People are crazy now a days. We have a gun though... and a huge dog. So if someone decided to come to my home with not so good intentions. It wouldn't be a very good idea on their part...

I can assure you though. If I decided to let my daughter have a pen pal, the only need for the other address we'd have would be to make sure the letter got where it needed to go. lol

WillowRose24
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Quoting Precious333: Yes! I agree and that would be so.neat to do. My son is 7-8 and I think.he would love a pen pal!

I'm down :)

So long as you don't go all crazy lady and show up at my house trying to kidnap my youngin!

lol

XOXOnBubbles
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I did this one summer with my son.  He was pen pals with his cousin that lived in a different state.  I really need to do it again.  

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:03 PM

That is a great idea and it would be great practice for the kids!

family in the van   Mom of four

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Kids only have as much technology as their families allow. :-)
geekymom08
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Wrong! Our schools are now handing each kid a device. Hs gets laptops, middle and elementary will get iPads. Work will be done on these devices and the kids are responsible for them.

Quoting Andrewsmom70: Kids only have as much technology as their families allow. :-)
Precious333
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Lol, dont worry, i have 4 youngin, i dont think i need to kidnap.anyone else's :) and same here, no kidnapping my youngin lol

Quoting WillowRose24:

Quoting Precious333: Yes! I agree and that would be so.neat to do. My son is 7-8 and I think.he would love a pen pal!

I'm down :)

So long as you don't go all crazy lady and show up at my house trying to kidnap my youngin!

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)