Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

No kinder supply list?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:55 PM
  • 52 Replies
So my oldest is finally entering kinder, first day is 8/14, class list posted 8/13.

I went on the website and every grade but kinder had a supply list, is this normal? Or will we get a list likely first day?

What are the usually things on the list since id rather buy them during sells, rather than the slim pickings once school starts.
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1TallMamaCA
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:56 PM
I was thinking pencils, crayons , but my mind is blanking out. Seeing as I am 27 and kinder was a long time ago.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM

If the list isn't posted, I'd be leary of buying too much just in case you don't need it.  I'd get normal things that you could also use at home like crayons, pencils, and glue sticks.

xtwistedxlovex
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:00 PM

We didn't have a real supply list for K or 1st, just an "if you'd like to donate" list. You may not have to get supplies; I'd go ahead and look up a sample list and grab what you can as you see it on sale. That way you have what you need if you do get a list, and if not you can just donate it to the class.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Mines going to first and she had a supply.list
1TallMamaCA
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:07 PM
That's what I was thinking, because I like couponing and doing sales, so id rather get a couple boxes of crayons for 50cents vs $3.80 a box.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

We didn't have a real supply list for K or 1st, just an "if you'd like to donate" list. You may not have to get supplies; I'd go ahead and look up a sample list and grab what you can as you see it on sale. That way you have what you need if you do get a list, and if not you can just donate it to the class.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Is there someone in the school office? If so, I would call the school to see if you even need to provide supplies.

1TallMamaCA
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Not till the 8/10

Quoting Barabell:

Is there someone in the school office? If so, I would call the school to see if you even need to provide supplies.

mariesmama
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:24 PM

my kindergardener has no list the school will give her suppies

DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:31 PM

I would check at Target when you are there and see if there is a list by the school supplies for kinder there.  It may be an oversight.  You could also email a kinder teacher as they may check their email weekly.  Someone should be in teh office - a VP or principal and you could try a quick email to them just to see.  They may not answer, but it is worth a try.  I imagine you will not be the only one with that question.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

crayons, pencils, glue sticks, erasers.  Was just a few of what we had to get and my kids attended different school districts at kindergarten levels.

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)