Raise a Goodwill Superstar Challenge Day 4: Helping Others!
Volunteering is a great way for kids to become more active members in their community. Raising their social awareness while helping others is definitely a win-win. Today's challenge is to have your kids volunteer around your community.
Here are some simple ways your kids can help:
- Pull weeds for a neighbor
- Pick up litter at a local park
- Donate food to a food pantry
- Join a walk to fight for a cause or disease
- Put together and drop off care packages at a nursing home- crossword puzzles, word searches, deck of cards, etc
- Bring garbage cans in for the neighbor
Do you encourage your kids to volunteer? What are some ways they help other people? Do you find there is more time for volunteering during summer break?