Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Raise a Goodwill Superstar Challenge Day 10: Let's Get Physical!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  • 51 Replies

Sports may not be for everyone, but it's important to make your sure kids are getting plenty of physical activity. Today's challenge is to have your kids do something physical every day! You can get the whole family involved by going on a family walk or bike ride.

Here are some other activities to get your kids moving:   

•     Roller skating
  •     Swimming
  •     Kicking around a soccer ball
  •     Tag
  •     Dance parties
  •     Red light, green light
  •     Jump rope
  •     Relay races
  •     Obstacle course

jumping rope

Do you ever have a hard time getting your kids away from tablets, TV, or video games? What are some physical activities your kids enjoy?

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card!

Join Our "Raise a Goodwill Superstar" Challenge! Win $50!

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RobynS
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:20 PM

My kids are usually outdoorsy and get plenty of exercise. The last week or so they are wanting to watch tv more, so I'm having to encourage them to get moving.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:25 PM

I wouldn't say I have trouble, I just sometimes have to say, "Turn off the ______ and go outside." The boys prefer to ride their bikes, and usually end up playing w/ friends at the playground. Dd will ride her bike or scooter, play w/ her hula hoop, play w/ friends, or go to the playground (as long as she is w/ a friend and has a walkie talkie w/ her, she can go w/o me).

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:25 PM
My 11 yr old yes sometimes but he does swim and ride his bike and jumps on the ttrampoline.
My 2 yr old loves it outside he runs around and plays on the swingset and trampoline and swims n all..
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:27 PM

We ride bikes.  We used to run as a family and hope to start again next year.

chicken13
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:27 PM

My dd is extremely active.  And as a family we thoroughly enjoy the outdoor world and all it has to offer.  

LaniBee
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:31 PM

We swim, walk, ride bikes and play dance games on the Wii. My youngest does Yoga with me. 

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:37 PM
No. My boys are very active they are able to have a healthy balance indoor electronics and outdoor activity.
Jenn8604
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Nope, he plays a little bit and brings it back saying "Thank you", then is off and running for the next thing to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrisdz
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I have trouble with DS. DD is always up for outside.

We swim, and walk. My rule is at least 30 min. daily.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:06 PM

My kid's love physical activites but it's no surprise they take after my husband and I : ) 

Our absolute favorite is hiking. 

We also go biking, walking, swimming, play games like soccer & basketball and we do things called random dance parties. I turn on music and when I press pause, everyone has to freeze until I press play again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)