Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Back to School Shopping :D

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  • 59 Replies

Where is your favorite place to get shoes and clothing for school?  Mall, Sears, Children's Place, Gap, Walmart, etc.  We mainly do Consignment Sales, but would like to get our daughter a few "nice" outfits that don't break the bank for the start of school (Aug 7th).

Also, is it common to NOT get a supply list?  Her class list will not be given to us (nor teacher name) until the Open House TWO (2) days before school.  *sigh*  I'm kinda panicking!!!!  Thanks.......

by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vicky88
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Last year was my dd's first year wearing uniforms, I order them online from the Childrens Place. I used some coupons, so it wasn't so expensive. As far as the supplies, we can just pay the school $50 and they get all the supplies for us. We would just pick them up on our Saturday social. That saves me a headache.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:02 PM

We buy clothing as needed, so nothing is being purchased at this time of the year since both have plenty of clothing that fits them.  When we do purchase clothing, probably October, we normally go to the mall since there is a larger selection there.

As far as supplies, our PTA provides supplies for every student, so we never get a supply list.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:05 PM
We got our supply list the end of June and teacher assignment in July
mom2jessnky
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Clothing: H&M, and Target mainly.

Shoes: Rack Room Shoes or Famous Footwear.

Maries_Mom23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM

We only buy clothes that they need before school starts.  We don't walk in and get $200 worth of clothes.  This year, our girls (10 and 7) only need 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of denim shorts and new undies.  That's it.  And that's all I'm buying! :)  They will each get a new pair of shoes as well. 

As far as supplies, I just love hitting Wal Mart with all the cheap stuff.  I stock up for school and home.  I buy the basics now (pencils, crayons, paper, notebooks) and if anything special is needed (like special sized binders), I wait until I get the requirements from teachers.  

pinkcsmtlgy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:13 PM

I buy their school at Kohls and their play clothes at Walmart.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Our school district has a uniform dress code of sorts.  Monday-Thursday they must wear khaki, navy, black or grey pants/shorts/skirts and solid colored polos or button down shirts.  Fridays they can wear jeans and school spirit shirts.  For my DS who is going into 2nd grade I usually get his stuff at either Old Navy or JC Pennys.  My two girls who are both in high school they typically get their stuff at the mall at either Aeropostle or La Patricia.  Shoes are typically bought at Payless, Academy or Famous Footwear.  I got my DS's supply list for this year with his end of year report card.  My girls get seperate lists from various teachers the first week of school. 

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:21 PM
I buy dd clothes throughout the year and only if it's on clearance. I've been buying school supplies every year since she was 2 so we've got a nice stash going. We don't get a list here on base so I buy a bit of everything.
Chirinos
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I get my boys clothes at garage sales since I'm on a really tight budget. As for the school supply list we got those back in May with their last report cards. I am hoping to find out their teachers names the first week of August.
rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM

We won't be buying a whole new waredrobe.  She desperately needs new tennis shoes and shorts to wear to school.  But we really want to get her at least one nice outfit to wear on the first day.  She normally wears dresses, but I'm not comfortable sending her to school in her nice dresses.  We shall see.....

And I plan to buy a few supplies for home for homework.  As we have learned from friends that all supplies bought go in a huge box and the whole class shares :(  

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

We only buy clothes that they need before school starts.  We don't walk in and get $200 worth of clothes.  This year, our girls (10 and 7) only need 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of denim shorts and new undies.  That's it.  And that's all I'm buying! :)  They will each get a new pair of shoes as well. 

As far as supplies, I just love hitting Wal Mart with all the cheap stuff.  I stock up for school and home.  I buy the basics now (pencils, crayons, paper, notebooks) and if anything special is needed (like special sized binders), I wait until I get the requirements from teachers.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)