Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

too hot to play outside....

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:31 AM
  • 61 Replies

whatre some fun things i can do with my almost 5 yr old inside?

by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
t1gger143
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I raided the dollar section at target yesterday. I bought crafty stuff. It has been way too hot to be outside.
mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM
We have a small indoor trampoline the girls take turns on.
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Blanket fort and movies
Go to the movies
Go to a museum
Does your mall have a play area?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Try playing outside in the early morning or late evening when it isn't quite so hot.  The hottest part of the day is when the sun is the highest in the sky, so typically late morning and afternoon.

Kids need a chance to use their large motor skills on a daily basis to remain healthy and strong.  So things like running, playing with a ball, swimming, playing on a play structure, are very important activities.

Cmgmqmmom
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:03 AM
I don't think it's ever too hot to play outside.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:03 AM

We play outside unless it's rainy. They don't stay out long, but unless you live in the tropics it's not too how to play outside for short periods of time. What about a kiddie pool or sprinkler?

When we are stuck inside we do crafts. Paining is always a big hit. Baking and cooking are fun too.

Mocking.Jay
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, with the temperatures in some areas, it's actually dangerous for children to exert themselves in the heat.

You can find mazes and coloring book pages to print off online or even look up crafts you can do. Do puzzles. Play with bubbles inside. Play hide and seek.

When it's super boiling outside (anything above 28 here for us), we will go to the splash pad but we will never run around or anything. I always fid something to do inside that keeps us active. Sometimes we even do chores.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:28 AM

For those in the US, 28* C is the equivalent of 82* F.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

LMAO 82 degrees is a cool day where I live. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

For those in the US, 28* C is the equivalent of 82* F.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM

This is what we do too. In addition, we swim A LOT! Nothing wears kids out faster and keeps them cooler.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Try playing outside in the early morning or late evening when it isn't quite so hot.  The hottest part of the day is when the sun is the highest in the sky, so typically late morning and afternoon.

Kids need a chance to use their large motor skills on a daily basis to remain healthy and strong.  So things like running, playing with a ball, swimming, playing on a play structure, are very important activities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)