Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

best places to get school clothes...

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:47 AM
  • 36 Replies
2 moms liked this

We are blessed to get a lot of hand me downs... (I teach guitar lessons in exchange for hand me downs).... but for the other things we need I look at thrift stores and online deals. For some stuff I shop at Walmart... but others I look at JC Penny and at Kohls. If anyone shops at Kohls there are 3 coupons you can stack now to get $32 worth shipped to your house for $17.  (my order was $66 before sales...and $17 at the end) The codes are BEACH30 for 30% off... Gr8finds for $10 off $30...and July MVC for free shipping.  I normally have kids try things on first...but if I can get it shipped free and get a greater deal online I go ahead, knowing I can exchange it later.  Where do you shop for kids clothes?

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
highlandmum
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:51 AM

I am in Canada so my girls go to the trendy stores for their age (16 & 14).  My son is 9 and he likes West49, and the sports stores - clothes for his age are very limited and not a lot of selection.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:53 AM
I need to see if I.can find anything for ds. He has to wear a uniform which can be kind of pricey.
mariesmama
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:33 AM

this yr, goodwill,salvation army and a thriftstore called sooner surpluss,new stuff that walmart didnt sell i got her size 6 uniforms and she's not out of size 5 t yet

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:33 AM
We shop many places my youngest gets hand me downs
kLynch315
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:40 AM
A lot of places but I almost always stock up at Old Navy's $10 jean sale.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

My mom works at JCP, so we take advantage of her employee discount.  I also frequently shop for clothing at Kohl's, Target, and Old Navy.

reche1978
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

kohls, childrens place, target just depends.  I have a kohls and childrens place card I dont like to use them but for birthday's or back to school clothes its easier for me

lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Justice, osh kosh, gap kids, crewcuts, ruum, target, old navy. We're fortunate to live near king of Prussia mall. Or maybe it's cursed. My husband would say cursed. Different years I like different stores. For my daughter the brighter and shinier the better. She's going to give someone retinal damage one day.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:04 AM

I guess I'm fortunate then since I live near the mall at Robinson?

Quoting lizfnf: Justice, osh kosh, gap kids, crewcuts, ruum, target, old navy. We're fortunate to live near king of Prussia mall. Or maybe it's cursed. My husband would say cursed. Different years I like different stores. For my daughter the brighter and shinier the better. She's going to give someone retinal damage one day.

lovehimforever
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:04 AM
The children's place. They have $5 graphic tees.

Shopko. They have buy one get one free on all family shirts and pants

Kmart. They have buy 3 get one free on Joe boxer undies and socks. Also buy any athletic shoe, get one for $1.

I like target. Not sure what deals they have right now.

Old Navy. They are having a uniform sale right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN