Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

No one has R.S.V.P for my sd's birthday party and it's this Friday!!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM
  • 45 Replies
On the last day of school we have out invitations to my sd birthday party July 18. So everyone knew pretty well in advanced. But no one has called and RSVP not a single one of them. So me and dh are wondering if anyone is going to show up? If no one shows up what do we do? How do we handle that?
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I would call around to the parents and ask it they are planning to attend. Then call around to some others and invite them. People are horrible about RSVPing.

vegepunkstr
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I would call and remind them too. I have actually had a party for my kids that no one showed up to. It was really depressing but at least my kids were too young to realize. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

JC2223
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Start calling the people invited and see if they are coming. If not enough are coming to have the party as planned, then take her out and do something special.

18stepmommy
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:50 AM
We don't have the kids numbers. She only invited like 5 from her class.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Like the other ladies said, get calling.  Many don't RSVP and I'm not sure why.  The summer is a very difficult time with people on vacations.  I'm sure that a few will show up.

18stepmommy
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:57 AM
I sure hope so just has me worried because my sd is going through enough she doesn't need this on top of things
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Don't you every invite her friends over to play?  How does she go about arranging for a friend to come over?  My boys always exchanged phone numbers with their friends at school.

mommy053008
by Maria on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
If u invited me to a party that far in advance I would've forgotten you should probably call people and remind them
emarin77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM

This is very common.  When my son was turning 5 only one family came to his birthday.  If no is coming just do something special for your son, you can have family come over too.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Handing out invitations the last day of school with all of the other madness is dicey. I would just call her regular friends and realize that most of the invites probably got lost in the trash with the rest of the end of the year papers. In the future I would use Evite/email.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN