Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:56 AM
  • 54 Replies

In the summer, do you wake your kids in the morning or do you let them wake up on their own?  What if they didn't wake on their own by 11:00?  

sleep

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:06 AM

My older son is in camp so we do have to get up.

When we have nothing to do I let them sleep in. But the latest they sleep is 7:30 so it doesn't really matter.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I let my kids wake up on their own in the summer. I let them sleep as late as they want.  I wouldn't have a problem if they woke up after 11:00.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:07 AM

My youngest just rolled out of bed a minute or two ago.  He obviously needed the sleep.

Quoting diaperstodating:

I let my kids wake up on their own in the summer. I wouldn't have a problem if they woke up after 11:00.

mommaponch
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I let them sleep as late as they want unless we have somewhere to be.  I also let them stay up a lot later than school bedtime.  About two weeks before school starts we start getting closer to the school routine to get their bodies used to it, for a full week we do bedtime an hour later than school bedtime and I make them wake up an hour later than I would wake them up for school and the last week before school starts we do school bedtime and as close as I am willing to wake up to a school morning ;)

I have not come across an 11 sleep in as long as they were going to bed at night when I asked them to and we didn't have anywhere to be I have no problem sleeping until 11 or later. 

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Unless we have to be somewhere, I let them sleep. They are usually up between 7 and 9. Ds and I did sleep until almost 11 one day but we had to be up at 5:50 to take my sister to work so we laid back down.

jamianne
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I let them wake up on their own.  They're both usually up by 7:00-7:30 unless they're sick.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:45 AM

No, I let them sleep. All of their activities start in the afternoon anyway.

Nicole_2007
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I don't wake my kids they wake me up around 6 every morning.  If I get to sleep till 11 I am lucky.  My kids don't know what sleeping in means :(

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM
I let my son sleep in. But he a morning person so he always up by like 8am on his own anyways.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:26 PM
4 moms liked this

I am NOT a morning person and honestly feel sorry for anyone whose children wake them at an ungodly hour on days that you could have slept in.  Even 6:45 on school mornings is way too early for me. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)