Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Character back packs... Yay or nay?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:03 PM
  • 109 Replies

My dd really wants a frozen back pack. She is going into kindergarten. I heard they aren't really good. 

Any advice thanks

by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM
In my experience they break easy. If you are ok with needing to replace in a few months then I would get it. If you want one to last all year of talk her into a frozen lunch box.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Nay

They don't hold up as well. And in six months she might not even like Frozen as much as she does now.

Flylady14
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I got the frozen lunch box already but I have not showed her. I will convince her . 

Rlmama00
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:19 PM

The only character backpacks that we've had any luck with came from the Disney Store. The quality is just better. Pottery Barn has super hero and Star Wars backpacks which are also good quality, but that doesn't help you.

DACIA79
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:20 PM
I have never had any trouble. My boys loved getting character book bags for school.
Keda84
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Nope they don't last long I had replace it half way through the year.
MaineMammax2
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this
We get a backpack with their favorite colors instead because fads come and go.
Flylady14
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Quoting Rlmama00:

The only character backpacks that we've had any luck with came from the Disney Store. The quality is just better. Pottery Barn has super hero and Star Wars backpacks which are also good quality, but that doesn't help you.

Frozen is so popular and it is so pricey for something that might not last. But since it is disney maybe I will take a chance. I have some time to figure it out. 

lovehimforever
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:26 PM
They don't hold up as well. But my 3 year old loves his cars backpack. And I'm ok with replacing it a few times.
Maries_Mom23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Nay....I used to buy 2 a year.  And those suckers range from $10-$20.  So, they have LL Bean backpacks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)