Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

school supplies

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

hello everyone i stay in the denver area i was just wondering if anyone knows of a place helping with school supplies this year i just recently lost my job and my daughter will be going to 4th grade and my son is going to be in 6th grade thank again 

by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mocking.Jay
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Is it budgeting? Even the big department supplies store like Office Depot and staples usually have their best brands on sale especially around this time for back to school.
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Check with the local churches and civic organizations. A lot of them do giveaways before school starts.

Sigmalade
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Start with your local church and/or civic organizations. You may want to see if your town has a PAL(Police Athletic League)  Program  or YMCA that way your kids can join and get plenty of assistance from school supplies, tutoring, and it can last most of the year. Also, the Salvation Army may be able to assist or have extra cheap school supplies you can purchase. I am sorry you lost your job. I hope you get back on your feet soon. Good Luck!!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Check with local churches, civic groups, and even your school.  I know that our local food pantry hands out school supplies with their August food distribution.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 8:01 PM

I know one of the churches in our area does a school supply/backpack drive, as does the Boys & Girls Club. Check w/ the ones in your area to see what's available.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Have you looked into a local group here on CM? You might have better luck finding someone in your area in your state group.

You can also call the school and ask. Our school has the info from several organizations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)