Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Back to school schedule

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM
  • 22 Replies

School will be starting in my little bitty town in less than a month. My question is do you keep your kids on their schoo schedule during the summer or do let it relax bit with a later bed time, Camping in the living room? I let my daughter sleep in the living room after summer school is out ( They pay kids with perfect attendance & my 8yr old loves getting her money ) and let her watch TV. A few weeks before school starts I make her start sleeping in her room & going to bed at a normal bed time. When she was young, around 6, this was not an option for her at all.

by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM

We have no schedule or bedtime during school breaks.  We get back to that awful routine on the first day of school.  My boys are slightly older though, so they don't really crave a routine any longer.

texasma06
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

As soon as school is out mine get to stay up as late as they want, sleep in as late as they want. Coffee August we start working back onto bed early wake up early schedule we keep during the school year. But we are pretty lax on the weekends during the school year. DH and I keep a strange schedule anyway ask year around since neither of us sleep much. Our youngest usually sleeps less then 6 hours a night but our oldest sleeps much more.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:38 PM
My boys relax. We don't have a schedule, or bedtimes during the summer. They can stay up as late as they want and wake up as late as they want.
BlackLaceShadow
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:39 PM

We have an off schedule during the year as well in my house. On the weekends she can saty up as late she wants ( She never makes it to ten though ) We are all in bed at 7pm. My boyfriend & I work 3a-3p so we have to move our daughter to the sitter around 2am so we make her go to bed early. She obviously goes right back to sleep as soon as she is there but we just want her to get as much sleep as possible.

ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Kids are in summer camp for most of the summer which is 8am to 4pm so little one is usually pooped and asleep earlier then during school year. Older DS is a night owl anyway so he gets to stay up a little later since he has to up a little later then during the school year. usually I have the week before school off because of a child care issue so its the only time during the summer they don't HAVE to get up early so usually don't get back on a school schedule until week school starts. Not a huge issue for either of them. Youngest usually falls asleep same time no matter what unless he took a long mid day nap and oldest would stay up all night if we let him and still get up around same time.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:58 AM
We don't keep a schedule in the summer. DS usually crashes in the family room and DD is in camp so she comes home tired and usually goes to bed early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:23 AM
We are a more lenient with bedtime in the summer. But since we are starting big kid school and that starts at 720am a week before school starts we will start the routine so he can get used to waking up so early
LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:34 AM

NO schedule during summer break but we will start back on schedule sometime next month because school start back in Sept.

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:40 AM
We have no schedule during the summer. The week before school starts, I start to ease them back into it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:56 AM

My kids didn't have a schedule up to this point, unless we have to go somewhere at a certain time the next day.  But, with three weeks left for vacation, they will have to go to bed at 10:00, to ease back on track with their sleep patterns and when school starts it's back to 8pm, bedtime.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)