Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do You Buy Spirit Wear?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:04 PM
  • 71 Replies

I received some paperwork from my sons school that needs to be completed for registration this fall. Along with the paperwork is an order form for school spirit wear (t-shirts, hoodies, etc).
My sons school has a uniform policy but on Friday they are allowed to wear school logo t-shirts so it makes buying the spirit wear more attractive to parents.

Does your childs school sell spirit wear? Do you buy it?

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Yes, for myself and my boys.
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Yes and it depends. The last three years my boys have thought that the t-shirt design/color was too feminine so they didn't want one. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I buy one shirt a year. The kids don't ever have to wear them. But I like my son showing school spirit and he likes to wear it.

I buy them for me becauseI wear them on Fridays so I have an assortment of T-Shirts and collared shirts. I bought a button up shirt with my name embroidered on it, but I hate the fit of it. I'm still kicking myself over that one.

urbpro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Not for me but I get spirit wear for my kids. Each school club or activity also has it's own t-shirt so I end up with a bunch of those as well since I have 5 kids in that school, lol. Some of the clothes is hit or miss however. My son's math club shirt was really nice, good quality but my daughters' science olympiad shirts were super cheap and fell apart in the wash :o)

kmencl3210
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:47 PM
That's how ds's school was last year. I didn't buy any, think the shirts were $10 each? If he continues at the school I'll probably end up buying at least one or two :/
liveforever
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:47 PM
I bought dd a T-shirt. She wears it to school on spirit days and sleeps in it at home.
NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:47 PM
My kids don't wear uniforms but we buy shirts and stuff at a local store or at school.
anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Yep, so they don't have wear their uniforms on Fridays. It's like a treat for them!
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:01 PM
We usually get tshirts or sweatshirts and hats. PTO gets the profit for it so don't mind spending money on it.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Me too. Lol

Quoting diaperstodating: Yes, for myself and my boys.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN