Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

When will you find out?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:15 PM
  • 85 Replies

I went to Kindergarten registration yesterday and was told I won't be informed of who her teacher is until the morning school starts when I drop her off. I was hoping to meet the teacher ahead of time to explain a little about my daughter's diagnosis, but they said that wouldn't be possible.

Is this timeframe common? When will you find out who your child's teacher will be this upcoming year?

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melaniecerise
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:16 PM

we will be finding out aug. 8 which is when the lists are posted. school starts aug 14

soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:29 PM

When my youngest entered kindergarten, we didn't know who his teacher would be either.  They started school and had a couple of days where all the kinder teachers worked with all the students and then they decided from there.  I however, requested a certain teacher (as we could back then) because of what my son needed and the teacher I wanted I knew would provide that since we knew each other on a personal level.

family in the van   Mom of four

raczac
by Cindi on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:36 PM
We find out who the teachers are August the 1st and then have meet the teacher night August 4th. School starts August 6th.
MommyTo5Boys
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:38 PM

I homeschool my one child so I always know who his teacher is ;)

My others I find out on the last day of school. When the report cards are sent home it lists next years teacher on the bottom. 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:53 PM

We find out teacher and bus assignments about 2 weeks prior to school starting.  However, we do not have a meet the teacher night and parents aren't permitted past the lobby, even on the first day of school.  I would email the teacher on the first day to see about setting up a conference.  Either that or send a note to school with your dd on the first day explaining things.

mariesmama
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:04 PM

we were told that the principle read a study that says young kids do better with the same teacher 2 yrs in a row.so we think last yrs teacher will be the kindergarden teacher too

lovemytwo88
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:07 PM
We met DD's kindergarten teacher about a week before school started but it was brief. After kindergarten you dont meet the teacher til the 1st day, and thats only if u drop your kid off.
huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Today...!  We can find out who our kid's teacher is during registration which is always in late July.  Last year we did have to wait a few more weeks to find out who our youngest's kindergarten teacher would be because they were doing some testing on the kids who were attending a pre-kindergarten camp and that camp didn't start until the week of registration.  We do have a meet the teacher night that is two nights before school starts, but that's mostly just a great time to take in all of the school supplies!  It would not be a good time for trying to have a serious conversation with the teacher.  

ladyraven16
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM
We find out who the teachers are on Aug 5th at registration. Back to school night is the 13th and you can briefly meet the teacher.
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM
We found out a week or so before
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN