Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Been a while....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:14 AM
  • 7 Replies

Since i've even posted in here.  Things have been CRAZY!!  My DH is now working only minutes away from the house, but his hours are cray, right now he's doing 12 hr shifts, and for now he's on days, although he told me that next week, he'll be back on nights :(    My oldest DD Neta will be going into Kindergarden in aug, in fact school starts for her aug 26th, can't wait for her to go back!!  Is that wrong to say???  lol, i mean she's  a BIG help, but man her attitude has to go.  How is everyone else doing???

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM

We are doing good.  My hubby switched jobs back in April because the previous job wasn't working out and he got fired due to an a** of a manager.  He loves where he's at now and the boss is very understanding.  My oldest will be a sophmore in college, my middle son will be a sophmore in high school, my daughter will be a freshman in high school (unbelievable and not ready) and my youngest son will be in 3rd grade. 

family in the van   Mom of four

Scoots255
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Oh wow!!!  So are you ready for them to go back??  For some strange odd reason i can't wait for my 5 yr old to go back!!!  So far it's been a crazy and LOUD summer!!!! 

Quoting soymujer:

We are doing good.  My hubby switched jobs back in April because the previous job wasn't working out and he got fired due to an a** of a manager.  He loves where he's at now and the boss is very understanding.  My oldest will be a sophmore in college, my middle son will be a sophmore in high school, my daughter will be a freshman in high school (unbelievable and not ready) and my youngest son will be in 3rd grade. 

soymujer
by Mikki on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM

No, mainly because I'm not ready to go back!!

Quoting Scoots255:

Oh wow!!!  So are you ready for them to go back??  For some strange odd reason i can't wait for my 5 yr old to go back!!!  So far it's been a crazy and LOUD summer!!!! 

Quoting soymujer:

family in the van   Mom of four

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I'm counting down to the start of school, too- mine go back 8/12. It's not so much the attitudes, as that they've hit the point where annoying each other on purpose is their go-to activity. And dd is such a social butterfly that if she has more than 1 day when she can't find a friend to play w/, she is sooo whiny and clingy.

Poor ds1(15) hasn't had much of a summer- he's had to take 2 classes online (1 to make room in his schedule for a study hall, 1 b/c he failed the 2nd semester of a class), so he's been stuck doing a lot of schoolwork.

Ds2 has played w/ friends, but also enjoys playing on his own, so he's been pretty happy this summer- except when dd has used annoying him as her entertainment : )

All 3 kids went to Scout camp, and we've gone on a few camping trips. We're hoping to fit in 1 more camping trip and a visit to the state fair before they go back to school. Ds1 will be in 10th gr, ds2 in 5th, and dd in 3rd.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Things have been busy here too lately. My dad was visiting us last weekend, so that kind of interpruts everything.

This next week my son's lacrosse team has a good chance of going to the state tournament. That's pretty exciting.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Oh, and hockey starts for him again tomorrow evening too. I can't believe it already! It seems like this summer has just flown by!

Scoots255
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Sounds like some of you have been busy this summer!!!  Right now my oldest is on a 2 wk, break from gymnastics, so she goes back the week of the 11th for gymnastics, and the my middle dd, starts gymnastics that same week.  Thankfully, same gym, just different days.  Then when my oldest starts back to school on the 26th of aug, i'm really going to be busy.  I'm also going to try and get my middle one into MDO (mom's day out), we live in the country, and it would be nice to get her in somewhere, to where she can interact  with other kids her age.  And she's so dang clingy, that my youngest watches her and mimicks what she does. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)