Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zappos size conversion says men's 6 is smaller than a youth 6

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:51 PM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

Use the chart above from zappos. A men's 6 is actually SMALLER than a youth 6.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtimesx4
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Hmm...can't reall see the chart from the picture but shoes are one thing we have to buy in person.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never seen a men's size 6.  At the stores here, men's sizes start at 7 and I would know this since my oldest is in men's sizes.

highlandmum
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

That us correct.  I can wear my sons shoes and he is a 4 youths, and I am a 6 ladies and our feet are the same size.  I have a few pairs of children's shoes.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:29 PM

When my oldest got into a 6 I remember it being so confusing because sometimes a kids' 6 would be too small, but a men's 7 was too big. There was just a gap time where it was really hard to find shoes. So glad he's totally crossed over to men's sizes now!

Dodie702
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Wow! That is good to know.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I'm happy to be past that stage too.  It was so difficult and I wish that there was something in between.  Unfortunately, my youngest son is repidly approaching that stage.  *sigh*

Quoting SahmTam:

When my oldest got into a 6 I remember it being so confusing because sometimes a kids' 6 would be too small, but a men's 7 was too big. There was just a gap time where it was really hard to find shoes. So glad he's totally crossed over to men's sizes now!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I wear a women's 8 and can fit in a boys' 6- hence the reason my snowboots and 1 pair of flip flops are boys. Those boys' shoes are much cheaper!

Luickily, I still have some time before ds2 hits that awkward boys'/men's crossover. Ds1 is in a men's 9.5. . .

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My hiking boots are a boys 5, so are my aqua shoes.

Quoting wakymom:

I wear a women's 8 and can fit in a boys' 6- hence the reason my snowboots and 1 pair of flip flops are boys. Those boys' shoes are much cheaper!

Luickily, I still have some time before ds2 hits that awkward boys'/men's crossover. Ds1 is in a men's 9.5. . .

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wakymom:

I got my 14year-old's hand me down winter boots and last summer's sandals now that he has moved up a size this summer. It is so strange to think that now one of my kids' hand me downs will be too big for ME!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

LovlyRita
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Learn something new everyday. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)