Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Walking the kids to their classroom

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:01 PM
  • 140 Replies

What is your school's policy on parents walking their kids to their classroom?  What do you think of their policy?

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaineMammax2
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:06 PM
You can not walk them to the classroom. Drop of is at the office and they go to class on their own. I am fine with this policy. I think it helps avoid too many people in the halls/classrooms and makes it easier for kids who have a hard time leaving their parent.
momtimesx4
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Our school policy is that parents can walk them to the classroom on the first day but that is about it.  Figured so parents can know where the class is and to make sure the kid gets there. No whether or not they remember where the class is on day 2 is another matter, lol.

lovemytwo88
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Only on the first day
almburr
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:09 PM
No rule here, except preschool they need to picked up at front door. Otherwise kids can be dropped off at curb, walk or ride the route bus. After school the same way
MommyHuman
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Pre-K  ann sk students must be walked in and signed in at the classroom by a parent. The parents of those students park in the teacher/visitor lot and are buzzed in. Other students get dropped off at the other side of the building and enter the gym. If they are early they can play in the gym until the bell rings. If pre-k and K students are early they can wait in the class with the teacher ( if she is there), wait in class with the parent, or the parent can walk them to the gym. I usually waited in the classroom with DD because the gym noise was too much for her to handle.

The puck up producers is similar. Pre-K and K parents go in, walk to the K room and pick up their kid from class. Older ones get picked up by the gym and the parents just form a line. If a pre-k or K has an older sibling, the sibling can pick up younger one from the Kroom.

i love the policy because it keeps the younger ones safe.

PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM

We were required to drop the little ones off in their classrooms and required to pick our children up from their classrooms.  When my daughter was in 4th and 5th grade, I could do a drop off, but I still had to come inside and sign her out and pick her up from her classroom.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:14 PM
We can walk in with them every day.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:15 PM

So a parent can walk her child to their classroom every single day of school if they want?

Quoting almburr: No rule here, except preschool they need to picked up at front door. Otherwise kids can be dropped off at curb, walk or ride the route bus. After school the same way

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Once out of preschool they are not to be walked to their classroom. I like it.

almburr
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Yep.

Quoting steelcrazy:

So a parent can walk her child to their classroom every single day of school if they want?

Quoting almburr: No rule here, except preschool they need to picked up at front door. Otherwise kids can be dropped off at curb, walk or ride the route bus. After school the same way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)