Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Tablet for a 7 year old

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:17 AM
  • 46 Replies

I want to get my 2 older daughter a Tablet for Christmas.Well I know if I don't get my 7year old dd one she will feel left out.I don't want to do a kid one like leapfrog or something.I was thinking Kindle fire. Do your 7 year olds have tablets?I know I will need to get them a case for it to go into also?

rogue35

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
It's here...
Today at 9:19 AM
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM
My daughter has a Kindle Fire, which I love because of Kindle Free Time. I'm not sure if 7 is too old for the content provided by Free Time, though. She's 5 now. A case? That depends on the child. My daughter doesn't need one.

I got it for $85 on Amazon during a lightning deal.
Maries_Mom23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Our girls got tablets for Christmas last year.  They were 10 and 6 at the time (the youngest turned 7 in March).  We got both of them Asus tablets.  I think they're 7" and they've done fine with them.  We did buy them cases that ran us maybe $10-$15 each on Amazon.  

PeachQuean
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM
All 3 kids have iPad, iPods and 2 have an iPhone.

They are 12,6 and 2.5 yrs old.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Both of my boys have android tablets that we got on Black Friday about 3 years ago.  They are a no-name brand, but have held up very well.  My youngest had just turned 8 when he got it.  No case was needed for when in use.  We got both boys a neoprene bag to store the tablet in when not in use.  They don't use that much either.

Oh, and any andrioid tablet can be used as an e-reader with the free Kindle app.

toriandgrace
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:51 AM
My eight year old has a kindle fire and we have an iPad for the kids to share too. She definitely prefers the iPad, but I think a kindle is perfectly adequate. I like the Griffin survivor cases.
lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:59 AM

My daughter has a kindle fire, and she's 7.  She got it from my Mom, with my permission for Christmas last year when she was 6.  It has good controls and you can easily restrict the internet and times when it can be used.  You'll also get email alerts when they download something so you know what your kid is up to.  She loves hers!

lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Oh I forgot about the case, she has one.  It's purple and has a cover on it.  It has been dropped and so far everything is still working/looking just fine.  I suggest anti-glare screen protectors too, my daughter likes to play with it in the car so those have made seeing the screen in sunnlight much easier.

debbie26
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:12 AM
My dd has had the nabi 2 since she was 6 and she's 8 now I love it, she loves it...
jamianne
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM

My kids (7 & 5) got Kindle Fires this past Christmas.  They also got OtterBox cases.  

3girls221111
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM

My twins were 7 years old last Chritsmas (they are 8 now) and we got each of them a Samsung Galaxy tablet and they LOVE them. We paid $199 each. But different areas have different prices.

We did buy cases also but they prefer not to put them in it.

Our oldest who is 14 has an ipad and a iphone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)