Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Advice Needed: Why does my child s school need to know how...

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:55 PM
  • 19 Replies

Why does my child's school need to know how they were delivered?

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Because if there were complications it could lead to learning disabilities. 

Jennyanne322
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
That's weird. Never been asked that question by anyone other then a doctor.
lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I have never heard of that being asked.  Personally, I don't think that is their business. 

lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I think it could be setting a dangerous precident though.  Every child should be evaluated as the school year progresses.  I don't think one way to give birth leads to more learning disabilities than another.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Because if there were complications it could lead to learning disabilities. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Learning disabilities can result from how a birth went.  I don't have anything to hide and answered it honestly.  Not sure why you wouldn't.  This isn't anything new either, I was asked when my oldest started kindergarten 9 years ago.

buickgirl1986
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Learning disabilities can result from how a birth went.  I don't have anything to hide and answered it honestly.  Not sure why you wouldn't

Thats an assumption, she is 3 I am doing research about school rediness when I came across the question in my local schools registration pack. Its mearly curiousity.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Quoting buickgirl1986:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Learning disabilities can result from how a birth went.  I don't have anything to hide and answered it honestly.  Not sure why you wouldn't

Thats an assumption, she is 3 I am doing research about school rediness when I came across the question in my local schools registration pack. Its mearly curiousity.

confusedWhat is an assumption?  That learning disabilities can result from child birth?  I was under the impression that was a long standing, proven fact.  Lack of oxygen to the brain does result in learning disabilities and there can be a lack of oxygen to the brain during child birth.

buickgirl1986
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting buickgirl1986:

Quoting steelcrazy:

confusedWhat is an assumption?  That learning disabilities can result from child birth?  I was under the impression that was a long standing, proven fact.  Lack of oxygen to the brain does result in learning disabilities and there can be a lack of oxygen to the brain during child birth.

No dear, that I would not answer the question honestly. ;) maybe you were oxygen deprived as a baby. Not able to identify the assumtions that you yourself are making. SMH

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Quoting buickgirl1986:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting buickgirl1986:

Quoting steelcrazy:

No dear, that I would not answer the question honestly. ;) maybe you were oxygen deprived as a baby. Not able to identify the assumtions that you yourself are making. SMH

Who said that you wouldn't answer it honestly?  SMH  I replied with what I did.

You are looking for drama aren't you?  I suggest Mom Confessions for that.

Have a nice day.

SahmTam
by Tammy on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:42 PM

I have no idea. I was asked that when I registered my oldest for kindergarten, but it was not asked when I registered my other two kids. I probably wouldn't remember this detail except that the question asked how my child was delivered and the options were 1) vaginal birth, 2) C-section, 3) Other. I was always curious as to what the "other" way was. I might have liked to have option # 3!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN