Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

?? QOTD ?? 08/08/14

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Jen
  • 40 Replies

Do your kiddos have birthday parties or do they celebrate another way? How old are the ones that have parties and how old are the ones that celebrate another way?

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss05
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Both have parties and they are 4 & 9

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:31 AM

We have always had a family party on their actual birthday.  Their first birthday parties were huge events, even my oldest whose birthday was on a Wed and only days before Christmas.  Now it is just cake and ice cream after dinner with immediate family.  Instead of friend parties, they get to pick one friend and I take them and the friend to do something fun.  My boys are 10 and 13.

jaytee
by Jen on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:45 AM

My almost 13 year old ds had a party last year but the year before he choose to go the aquarium and dinner to celebrate. My 11 year old choose to celebrate with a couple friends by going to dinner and the movies this year. My almost 6 year old dd has birthday parties.

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM

These days its just a celebration with just us on their birthday.  My oldest got parties for the first 6 birthdays or so, but most of those were in Nebraska with family at a grandparent's house--the last two were here in town that had a few family members and some school friends at a park.  My youngest has only had 2 parties because I got lazy!  His 2 parties were with 4-5 cousins who had birthdays within a 2 month period.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:42 PM

My oldest's party is this Sunday.

We do little parties at the house with family and close friends. Last year we did a big school party because it was his last year of preschool. We had over 20 kids and their parents at the house. It was a zoo. We won't be repeating that for a while. LOL

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Yes, each year my kids are allowed to choose having a friend over for a sleep over that includes dinner out, maybe a movie (if a good one is playing) OR they can choose a group party.  If they choose a small group party (up to 3 friends) we plan a fun event - either sleep over (make pizza/watch movie at home) or group outing but not both.  If they choose a large group - it's always held outside the home and we collect donations for the charity of their choice instead of gifts.  My youngest still picks the large group party where my eldest has started choosing the one friend or small group the past couple of years.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Yes, my boys have birthday parties. The birthday boy chooses a restaurant to have dinner. My boys don't go to school on their birthday.
MommyHuman
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:16 PM

The last few time I've done parties, everyone cancels last minute, so we've been taking them for dinner at their favorite places. This year DD wants a party though. I'm hesitate about it, but will try it, but I'm not putting a lot of money in like in the past.

Rosehawk
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM

My kids get parties on their even numbered birthday's. On the odd numbered ones they get a small grandparent/mom/dad/sibling "party". The first birthday is the exception.

chinosruca
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM

My 11 year old doesn't have parties. I think the last one she had was her 8th birthday. We mostly do family dinners at her restaraunt of choice and she gets a gift card or money to shop at her favorite store. My 3 year old will be 4 next month. We won't be having a 'party' but we are doing something special. She is going to the Disney character breakfast at Aulani resort. It is a buffet breakfast where all the major Disney characters walk around and take pics and play with the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)