Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What age does leg shaving usually start? (PIOG)

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM
  • 84 Replies

I have two girls in upper elementary school that are starting to ask for razors.  I can't remember when I started shaving my legs.  When did you or your daughters start?  My girls legs are a little hairy but not to the point I think that others would notice.

PLEASE DON'T TALK ABOUT NOT SHAVING EVER - THAT IS NOT PART OF THE ISSUE I AM HAVING.

The best thing you've ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously - it's only life after all.
Indigo Girls

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by Katie on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM
I'm in the same boat. My Dd is 10 and starting 5th grade. She wants to shave. I'm just not ready for her to yet! I don't remember how old I was. I'm thinking I'll let her start shaving once she starts her period.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:32 PM
2 moms liked this

If I had a daughter I would let her when she wanted to.

My mom wouldn't let me when I wanted to so I just did anyway and about sliced my legs off.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM
My daughter asked here and there but never really pushed it until the end of the school year this year. That was because 5th grade promotion was coming up and she really wanted to wear a dress. This was the most she talked about it so I agreed. It was 2 months before her 11th Birthday.
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:48 PM
And that is why I agreed. The fact that she talked to me and it was a decision she made on her own...no teasing from peers or peer pressure. I wanted it to be on her terms and it was.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

My mom wouldn't let me when I wanted to so I just did anyway and about sliced my legs off.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM
What does shaving and her period have to do with each other?

Quoting katiebug840204: I'm in the same boat. My Dd is 10 and starting 5th grade. She wants to shave. I'm just not ready for her to yet! I don't remember how old I was. I'm thinking I'll let her start shaving once she starts her period.
Saharra
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:51 PM
I did the same. I was in 5'th grade and my mom kept telling me no, so I used hers. And I sliced my ankle pretty good.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

mommasnail
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:01 PM

It hasn't come up for us yet (she's 6) but she is pretty hairy, she's a blond though so it's not as noticeable. For us we plan to let her shave as soon as she wants to. I'll be there to teach her and help her, not make a huge fuss over it. 

PaganKitty67
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:04 PM
I started shaving in fifth grade I was 10 or 11 My dd is 10 starting fifth grade and hasn't started shaving yet. Her hair is starting to become noticable but not bad yet.
mommy053008
by Maria on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Around puberty I was 11 in 5th grade
toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:04 PM
I was 10. My daughter is 8, and asked if she could start when she's 9. I will let her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN