• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what the heck edit: added pic

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

Okay this is a clothes post.... I bought ds a new pair of shoes around May of last uear (maybe late April). So went show shopping. He never mentioned his shoes felt tight until I got dds shoes.
So today we went... he's a 8.5/9. Ultimately got a size 9.
What the neck..... He was a 7.5 with room to grow when I got his last pair!!!!!!
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
geekymom08
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM
My son needs new shoes every 6 months! He's only 6 and it's funny how his feet grow so quickly! He is now in a size 2. By feb, he will need another pair at least a half size bigger...
mangie22
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:08 AM
My daughter did the same! I got her a pair of dress shoes last May and then this last week had to buy her new shoes a size bigger because she had hit another growth spurt!
urbpro
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Lol, I guess boys are like that. I bought ds cleats and shoes last school year that were a size 2. We just bought him new shoes that er a size 4/5. His shoes now fit me :o)

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Feet do grow just like the rest of the body, so if he has gone up a size or two in clothing in the past year, it would be a safe assumption that his shoes would also need to be replaced.  My boys are always getting bigger shoes every 4-6 months, so I couldn't imagine shoes lasting more than a year.

jaytee
by Jen on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:26 AM

My middle kiddo went from a size 4 in children's to a size 6.5 in woman's in a 4 month time period.

Dodie702
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:54 AM
That always happens to my ds. We usually have to go up a few sizes with new tennis.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Kids' feet to seem to jump sizes overnight!

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:41 PM
My son needs new shoes every 6 months.
lizfnf
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:42 PM

My daughters feet grew a shoe size over the summer as well!  I had to get new sandals, and now I'm looking for new fall shoes.  

lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Poor guy, that was over a year ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)