Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

For those whose children don't go back until September or near the end of this month...

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:53 PM
  • 154 Replies
1 mom liked this

Is anyone else's child bugging you about going back?

Are they worried? Excited?

Mine is excited. He's been bugging me about going to the school to see the new playground as well lol. He also is having a hard time sleeping lately because he's so anxious to go back. Ayeeee. 

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jewels.unicorn
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:58 PM

LOL, mine are staying at my parents while we get some renos done on their rooms. So far, no bugging about going back just yet.

I'm sure the week they are home before it starts I will not hear the end of it!

mommy053008
by Maria on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

that's so cute! mine goes back wednesday but she saw her new playground at open house today and loved it. she's been begging to go to school since the first week of break. that kid can't get enough.

lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Mine is asking when we are going to find out who her teacher will be. I got a text from the school that letters are going out today. Hopefully we'll get it tomorrow.
SahmTam
by Tammy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Mine are trying to enjoy summer break and are trying to be in denial that they only have 3 weeks left of summer. And I am the same way (I work at our district's high school and go back the day before they do- I go back Sept. 2nd, they go back the 3rd.) lol

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine are boted. We don't start up until after Labor Day and his friends are already back in school.. LOL

He has THREE BMX racing bikes and they ALL have at least one flat tire @@ Needs to get DH to teach him to fix them. I *could* but deemed bikes one thing NOT my job!  LMAO  I homeschool them, I train in karate and do ASL with them, I do Boy scouts with them...bikes DH gets!

That said, DS has learning disabilites and school is difficult for him. He i not super excited t ostart back even though he admits it would give him something to do.. Boys!

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine go back the 21st and they are NOT excited.. DS10 starts middle school this year so he is nervous, however, DH is a teacher there so it shouldn't be as intimidating as he thinks it will be.. DH will be able to guide him in the right directions!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:05 PM

This sounds like us.  We are not in any hurry what so ever for school to start back up and I doubt that we will ever be.

Quoting SahmTam:

Mine are trying to enjoy summer break and are trying to be in denial that they only have 3 weeks left of summer. And I am the same way (I work at our district's high school and go back the day before they do- I go back Sept. 2nd, they go back the 3rd.) lol

aetrom
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
We are enjoying break! My youngest is nervous as he is going to K but all in all we have not even started thinking about school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Boys0900
by Cameron's mommy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest son doesn't go back until September 4th, and he wishes his break was longer.
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM

My daughter is excited to find out who she has (letter should come any day) but as for going back, no she's not bugging me to go back.  She loves being home and having me home (I'm a teacher).  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN