Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back to School-Special Day?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:31 PM
  • 36 Replies

As a child, Back to school was always an exciting time for me with new clothes, school supplies, teachers and friends. My mom always took me to school on the first day during grade school as I do for my kids.   I was curious if you do anything extra special for your kids to make the day as memorable a possible?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I will pick them up earlier than usual from their afterschool program and take them to A&W for a root beer float.

Emily197
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:10 PM

we do back to school pictures in front of school the first day usually my husband will go with us which isnt a normal everyday school thing because he has work. this year my husband got off work early so he could be there when our daughter got out of her class to suprise her we wnet and to an ice cream. my son starts monday we will do the same for him.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

NOt really - but we homeschool so we don't change much on school days.

My oldeest is a junior and will be dual-enrolled in college this fall..EEK! I will be doing something special with him after his first class...maybe Starbucks just the two of us.

ShandellsBaby
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:38 PM

I always take them to school on the first day 

2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:38 PM

i take both the morning and afternoon off to take dd and pick her up. we will make her favorites for dinner too.

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:43 PM
DD is going into 4th so DH and I will both walk her to school (to her classroom if she's cool with that). We always go out for dinner on the first night but she has soccer practice that night so I'm not sure what we'll do. DS is in middle school and I keep saying we'd be happy to walk him to the bus stop but for some reason he says no. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I take their picture on the front porch when they go out to the bus stop, but that's it.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Now you've got me imagining my 15 y/o's reaction if I asked if he wanted me to walk w/ him to the bus stop- he hates that I take his picture on the porch! : )

Quoting coolmommy2x: DD is going into 4th so DH and I will both walk her to school (to her classroom if she's cool with that). We always go out for dinner on the first night but she has soccer practice that night so I'm not sure what we'll do. DS is in middle school and I keep saying we'd be happy to walk him to the bus stop but for some reason he says no. =)

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, he hates that too. All the more reason to do it! =)

Quoting wakymom:

Now you've got me imagining my 15 y/o's reaction if I asked if he wanted me to walk w/ him to the bus stop- he hates that I take his picture on the porch! : )

Quoting coolmommy2x: DD is going into 4th so DH and I will both walk her to school (to her classroom if she's cool with that). We always go out for dinner on the first night but she has soccer practice that night so I'm not sure what we'll do. DS is in middle school and I keep saying we'd be happy to walk him to the bus stop but for some reason he says no. =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:24 PM

We have a first day outfit picked out and plan on taking plenty of pictures. That night we will eat whatever he wants (that means McDonald's) and I thought about getting one of those too big shirts that says class of  "" on it and taking his picture each year in it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)