Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Grade

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:29 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My DD started first grade today!!! She had so much fun her best friend is in a separate class but she said that she played with him all of her recess time (she has 2 15 min recesses). She got to go to art and she made some new friends. She said first grade is a big deal.

Side note: she had gymnastics class tonight and she pretty much has her back handspring down pat!

If you want to share first day of school pics I'd love to see them.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizfnf
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Adorable! My daughter has the same backpack!
mommy053008
by Maria on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM

thank you! my daughter absolutely loves that back pack! 

Quoting lizfnf: Adorable! My daughter has the same backpack!

lizfnf
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Mine does too. She uses the belt like she's carrying a heavy load. Though it did seem to help at the end of school last year when all the assorted stuff came home. I'm just relieved not to have to buy another backpack this year.

Quoting mommy053008:

mommy053008
by Maria on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:13 PM

that is funny...what grade is your daughter going into? we just bought that back pack this year and hoping it'll last another year or two. my youngest is getting a new back pack next year for pre-k. she is jealous of the peace sign one lol

Quoting lizfnf: Mine does too. She uses the belt like she's carrying a heavy load. Though it did seem to help at the end of school last year when all the assorted stuff came home. I'm just relieved not to have to buy another backpack this year.
Quoting mommy053008:

kcook55
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Dd starts 1st grade on monday and also has the same backpack and she has the matching lunch box. She's starting a new school so not real sure if any of her friends from kindergarten will go too. They redrew district lines first before the end of last school year.
lizfnf
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:16 PM
She's going into 2nd. We bought it mid way through last year. We really bought it for camping with her Daisy troop, but she really wanted to use it right away. It seriously doesn't look like it was used at all, and I can't even imagine the abuse it has already endured.

Quoting mommy053008:

that is funny...what grade is your daughter going into? we just bought that back pack this year and hoping it'll last another year or two. my youngest is getting a new back pack next year for pre-k. she is jealous of the peace sign one lol

Quoting lizfnf: Mine does too. She uses the belt like she's carrying a heavy load. Though it did seem to help at the end of school last year when all the assorted stuff came home. I'm just relieved not to have to buy another backpack this year.

Quoting mommy053008:

mommy053008
by Maria on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:19 PM

my daughter has the matching lunch box also if you look in the last pic up at the top you can see teh lunch box hehe. we love that back pack

Quoting kcook55: Dd starts 1st grade on monday and also has the same backpack and she has the matching lunch box. She's starting a new school so not real sure if any of her friends from kindergarten will go too. They redrew district lines first before the end of last school year.

mommy053008
by Maria on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:20 PM

that is awesome! i my daughter had a hello kitty back pack for prek and lasted all through k. it got really nasty on the bottom and the side pockets were breaking...so we used it and it was starting to fade she really needed a new one for all the stuff for first grade! i am hoping it will last another year or two.

Quoting lizfnf: She's going into 2nd. We bought it mid way through last year. We really bought it for camping with her Daisy troop, but she really wanted to use it right away. It seriously doesn't look like it was used at all, and I can't even imagine the abuse it has already endured.
Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting mommy053008:

kcook55
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:47 PM
I seen it. I bought hers in feb or march and she started using it right away we both love the backpack dd also loves the lunchbox but I wish it was a bit bigger by time I get her water bottle in there it dont leave much room for her food. I like to use reuseable cantainers and it has a serious lack of room.

Quoting mommy053008:

my daughter has the matching lunch box also if you look in the last pic up at the top you can see teh lunch box hehe. we love that back pack

Quoting kcook55: Dd starts 1st grade on monday and also has the same backpack and she has the matching lunch box. She's starting a new school so not real sure if any of her friends from kindergarten will go too. They redrew district lines first before the end of last school year.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:51 PM

My son starts first grade on August 25th.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)