Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How many kids?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:59 AM
  • 67 Replies
How many kids are in you Elem aged kid's class? My boys school lost a 4th full-time teacher for 5th grade due to lower numbers. We got 6 new kids this summer. Class size for my boys now are 29 students and 28 students. Both classes only have 10 girls which means there are 18-19 boys in each class. Last year in 4th they had 21 and 19 kids in their classes.This jump in class size seems crazy to me! Are your kids classes this big? Please put grade and class size...
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:01 AM
Last year my first grader's class had 24 and my kindergartener's class had 27. No clue about this year...We don't start until September.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vermontmoms
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:06 AM
We start next week :( we had B2S night tonight and several parents are not happy about the size. I don't mind the size but the newest teacher got a ton of disruptive kids. And of course my one son has that teacher.

Quoting beadingmom17: Last year my first grader's class had 24 and my kindergartener's class had 27. No clue about this year...We don't start until September.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Trick question here....

Her classical Monday @,the Charter school had 6 kids. Art and Latin 15-20.

The other 4 dys she homeschools so 1 in 6th grade but 3 total...The boys are 9th and 11th.
MrsAmyLynn83
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:10 AM

My son starts Monday. Today was meet the teacher night. He's going into 4th grade and there are 23 kids in his class. His school averages between 20-27 kids in each class. 

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Last year in kinder, the class was 18 kids. I'm expecting that classes for first will be around 20 or so.
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Our school limits class size to 22 max in K-2nd. I think my son's first grade class was 20. However, there were 9 first grade classes!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoo003
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:18 AM

DS going into 7th grade-around 20 kids in the whole grade. 

DS going into the 9th grade-around 17 kids in the whole grade.

DD going into the 11th grade-around 15 kids in the whole grade.  

My kids attend small charter schools.  Our youngest attends a k-8th grade charter school that has around 180 kids in the school.  Our two older kids attend a 4th-12th grade charter school that has around 140 kids.  Each school has a maximum of 25 kids per grade cut-off.  It helps to keep the numbers down.   

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:56 AM

My kids attend a K-8 school. K is 18, 1-4 is 22 and 5-8 is 24. They do have some flexibility in those numbers for subject accelerators in K-4 though. 5-8 is different in that they take the level needed for each student.

Kiss-Me-Kate
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:28 AM
One.

The local elementary has 28 in one K class, similar in the other. They have an aid for the special kids 3 days a week, but other than that, just the one teacher.

Total lunacy.
SadiasMomma
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:34 AM
Last year my dd had 32 kids in her class at an expensive private school. This year the principal at her new public school said they have about 25 in each of 4 classes. We won't know till September.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN