Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Back to School Party: How Do Your Kids Get to School?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:14 AM
  • 95 Replies

Welcome to Day 3 of the Back to School Party!

How do your kids get to school?

Walk, bike, bus or ride?

How often have they used this mode of transportation?
If they are car riders do you have any crazy car line stories to share?
What is the funniest thing you've seen while dropping your kids off at school?

Reply as often as you want!

One member who signs up for the Back to School Party and replies to all of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

Click here to sign up: GIVEAWAY: Back to School Party! WIN a CafeMom Gift Pack!

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dommad2
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:20 AM
My kids ride the bus. I started off driving them but over the years they've both elected to ride the bus with their friends.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I drive my boys to school - and pick them up.

I don't see anything too crazy - but I get annoyed with parents who can't follow the rules for drop off and pick up.  It's pretty simple - we don't want cars waiting in line on the street.  So if you're one of the last cars in line that fit on the parking lot, pull into a parking spot! That allows the cars behind you to do the same and then no one is on the street (or worse yet, waiting on the busiest street in town to make a left or right turn onto the street the school is on and blocking traffic on that street).  It is faster to park & get your kid than to wait in the car line to be able to pull up to where they let kids get in the car. So unless its pouring, it's easier and faster to just park & get out when you see your kid walk out of the school!

faire_jour
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:31 AM

There is no transportation at my daughter's school and the families are coming from across a 60 miles area, so we are all required to drive our children in.

2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:40 AM

DD either walks with her grandmother or she drives her. We don't have car lines. You either drive up and let them out or you park your car and walk them to their line.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Down the stairs and through the double doors...or go through the bathroom LOL.  We homeschool.

NWP
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:44 AM

We walked every day last year but this year we moved four blocks further away and across a busy street. I want to walk again soon but we also have an earlier start time so we are still adjusting to having to get up earlier. 

mom2jessnky
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:44 AM

They walk downstairs and get on one of the computers.

TheFairest
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:44 AM
We just moved to a town where bussing is provided. Only thing I'm bummed about is that they're going to 3 different elementary schools.
mollymcleod
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:45 AM
We walk.
steph21078
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:45 AM

My 1st grader rides the bus, unless I am going to the school that morning.  My 2 middle school boys will be homeschooled this year, and My 9th grader walks, we live about a 3 minute walk from his school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN