Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Fundraisers Already!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:45 PM
  • 49 Replies

We just got the paperwork for ODD's first fundraiser.  It came home Friday, the end of her first week, and is for the PTO.  Anyone else get fundraisers this early?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsAmyLynn83
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Yup. The first one of the school year is usually used to replenish the PTO funds used for the back to school events - meet the teacher night, etc etc.... 

LovlyRita
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 2:03 AM
Gift wrap sales usually begin in September. It's annoying.
ljmom24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 6:26 AM
Last year my youngest was in a catholic school and we signed up for the fundraiser plan to save on tuition and went in for orientation which was a week before he was to start and waiting for me was his fundraiser.

My oldest school usually rolls the first one out about 2 or 3 weeks into school.
Cindy18
by Cruella on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:19 AM
2 moms liked this

When would you like them to come home? 

Everyone needs to fundraise. It has to be done sometime.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:28 AM
We haven't gone back yet. We have one big fund raiser that we do every other year and this year we'll be doing it. Other than that, we don't really have fund raisers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jsanchez125
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:35 AM
I expected last year to have fundraisers but miraculously we dint. The only type of fundraiser I've seen is the kind where the parents come to school and pay for activities. They have fairs in the summer, thats a lot of fun, bake sales, PTO night stuff like that. But they have never sent anything for us to sell at home. I'm not sure how i feel about it. I enjoyed selling chocolates and selling holiday stuff during November for December. I dont know if my kids are missing out or if i should be relieved.
Mama2ETA
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Relieved

Quoting Jsanchez125: I expected last year to have fundraisers but miraculously we dint. The only type of fundraiser I've seen is the kind where the parents come to school and pay for activities. They have fairs in the summer, thats a lot of fun, bake sales, PTO night stuff like that. But they have never sent anything for us to sell at home. I'm not sure how i feel about it. I enjoyed selling chocolates and selling holiday stuff during November for December. I dont know if my kids are missing out or if i should be relieved.
AdensMommy1107
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM
I got a fundraiser packet the third day of school. It's for Yankee Candles products...so at least it's for something a lot of people like! I already have some friends interested in buying. I remember for myself we used to get lame fundraisers for things like wrapping paper.
Sillieguze
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Yep, we had an Entertainment book sent home on Friday, his 7th day of school.  

LadyKiki
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I sent out Market Day paper on Friday but no Fundraisers yet. We did have picture day the first full week back to school. That threw me off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)