Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

School ran out of lunches? EDITED

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:14 PM
  • 60 Replies
My DD told me this today and i wanted to see how other moms would take it or react.
She goes to a small charter school k-8. She's in 2nd grade.

Today for lunch the menu said pancakes, sausage, etc. So she wanted to buy.
When she gets home i always ask if she ate her lunch. Well today she told me they ran out of lunches so a teacher went and got them Little Caesars. The teacher said they might have taco bell but they ended up having pizza. It was only my dd and a handful of other kids in her class who didnt get the regular lunch and had the pizza. They had to sit and wait while all the other kids ate the regular lunch then the other kids went back to class and that group had pizza.

I dont want to give my opinion on it, i want to see what others think.

EDIT: So my opinion is pretty much the same as everyone elses. DD ate so it wasn't a big deal to me. Im not thrilled she had to sit and watch everyone else eat while she waited but oh well, that group got their own little pizza party so its all good. I dont know how the other parents reacted. This is her 3rd yr at this school and the only time i know of this happening. Thanks everyone for your comments! I was honestly surprised how many would be cool with it, I thought more would say they would be angry.
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM
I would be angry!
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM
7 moms liked this
I think it was a great way to feed everyone since they ran out. At least no one went hungry.

I hope they learned wo.ething for it and will plan better i the future.

It is odd that they served breakfast for lunch.
aj23
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:20 PM
7 moms liked this
Mistakes happen and they made sure the kids were fed so its not something I'd be upset over. If it happened often then I'd start asking questions but once early in the school year isn't a big deal.
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this

The school came up short, but made sure all the kids ate. What else could they do!?

Adnalor
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:22 PM
5 moms liked this
I bet the kids who got the regular lunch were jealous of the pizza kids! Lol
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:25 PM
I would be upset but at the same time I understand it happens. I guess pizza is better than nothing quick thinking on behalf of the teacher.
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:27 PM
My daughter's school has those days from timeto time. I honestly think it's because they have a surplus of breakfast food

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: I think it was a great way to feed everyone since they ran out. At least no one went hungry.

I hope they learned wo.ething for it and will plan better i the future.

It is odd that they served breakfast for lunch.
jcm28
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as my kid ate idk.
thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I'd just be glad they served them something. It might not be ideal, but it's better than nothing.

Is this a regular occurrence with charter schools? I mean, not able to keep enough food handy for students?

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:40 PM
I would be OK with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN