Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's almost costume time!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM
  • 68 Replies

Now that it is officially Fall, I'm willing to think about Halloween. For once, I actually have 1 costume already. Over the summer, dd said she wanted to be Elsa for Halloween. Figuring that would be a popular choice, I went ahead and got her an Elsa costume when I found one on sale online (another unusually thing for me- I shopped online!), so she is set.

Ds2 does not know yet what he wants to be.

I've told ds1, 15,  that he can still go trick or treating, but only if he puts some effort into a costume.

Do your kids know what they want to dress up as for Halloween?

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjenkins8208
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
My Ds6 wants to be batman, so the baby will be Robin . Dh thinks it's dumb ..... Ds and I think it's going to be pretty cool. I've talked my niece into being catwoman .... It's going to be pretty cool
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

DD 1-Anna Coronation dress or Pochahantas

DD 2-Elsa or if she can't be Elsa then Cinderella

jaytee
by Jen on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:27 AM

My 6 year old dd wants to be Grim Reaper

My 11 year old dd is undecided

My almost 13 year old ds wants to be a werewolf

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM
DD1 wants to be Elsa. I need to buy the material, still.

DD2 wants to be Rainbow Dash. I need to find pale blue sweats...the mane and tail should actually be pretty easy to make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM

My oldest wants to be Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy, and my youngest wants to be a Zombie Cheerleader.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Ds wants to be a drummer boy for the union during the civil war
Dd wants to be ballerina elsa
chinosruca
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM
My kids go back and forth, back and forth. This weekend I will take them to get their costume and that will be it. Bella has enough princess costumes to last a lifetime, but, of course she doesn't want to be a princess.
jamianne
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

DD wants to be Tinkerbell.

DS wants to go as Malcolm Reed from Star Trek Enterprise.  I've told him he better have a back-up plan because I'm having a hell of a time finding something that won't cost a fortune!

shellybird
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

DD is going as Mary Poppins.  I am almost done with her costume.  I am super excited!

CarlysMommy1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:34 PM

For months DD-8 has said that she wants to be Dorothy from the original Wizard of Oz movie.  I wanted to go ahead and get her costume, so I asked her one last time and now she wants to be Elsa.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Frozen birthday tea party she went to recently.  lol  She has her own style and generally goes out of her way to not look like everybody else.  I tried to tell her that a lot of girls are going to dress up as Elsa this year and she said that's still what she wants to be, so Elsa it is.  She said that she'll be Dorothy next year, but we'll see about that a year from now.  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)